The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Clearing Northumbria 2022

I want to apply for clearing for this year at Northumbria uni but I don't meet the requirements for an IELTS score I scored 5.5 but they require 6.5. I feel helpless and like I don't have a reason to live. I'm 21 and still didn't go to uni I applied for 5 unis this year but got rejected.
is there any uni accepts a 5.5 IELTS score for Early Years undergraduate course :frown:
Original post by ree913
I want to apply for clearing for this year at Northumbria uni but I don't meet the requirements for an IELTS score I scored 5.5 but they require 6.5. I feel helpless and like I don't have a reason to live. I'm 21 and still didn't go to uni I applied for 5 unis this year but got rejected.
is there any uni accepts a 5.5 IELTS score for Early Years undergraduate course :frown:

Do they accept any other English tests like Duolingo or TOEFL? You might be able to take one of those on relatively short notice or even online.
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
You could just resit IELTS.
Original post by ree913

Hi ree913,

I'm wondering if you could contact applicant services as they may be able to help further with this query. Please know that our team are here to help you. You can email [email protected] or call 0191 406 0901

Please get back in touch if you have any further questions.
Best wishes to you

NU Undergraduate Rep
Reply 4
They don't accept Duolingo but they accept TOFEL. I would take the Duolingo test if they accept it because it's cheaper and easier but unfortunately they don't accept it. I can't afford to retake an IELTS exam again and I don't think I have time to study again also am not sure if I'll score more than 5.5 but thanks for the advice.
Original post by Admit-One
Do they accept any other English tests like Duolingo or TOEFL? You might be able to take one of those on relatively short notice or even online.
Reply 5
I called but they said I should take an ukvi IELTS test and apply for an international course that costs 20k a year.
Original post by Northumbria University UG Rep
Hi ree913,

I'm wondering if you could contact applicant services as they may be able to help further with this query. Please know that our team are here to help you. You can email [email protected] or call 0191 406 0901

Please get back in touch if you have any further questions.
Best wishes to you

NU Undergraduate Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending