The Student Room Group

Mumps . .

Hey,

Just after some advice really.

My Uni currently has mumps going around and I haven't caught it *touch wood I don't*, but on the safe side im off to get a MMR booster jab on Thursday - just wondering has anyone else had the booster or do you think its not needed? . . . .
Get the booster. It'll hurt a damned sight less than a week of painful swollen glands.
Reply 2
When mumps went round our university I asked for the booster but they wouldn't give it.
I got mumps.
Now I don't know if I can have children!
Reply 3
I had the booster a few years ago when it went round my sixth form. I think it's better to be safe than sorry :smile:
munkie
When mumps went round our university I asked for the booster but they wouldn't give it.
I got mumps.
Now I don't know if I can have children!

Eh? . . :eek: they refused you the jab, why? . . .
Have you had a booster recently though?
Reply 6
DancinBallerina
Eh? . . :eek: they refused you the jab, why? . . .

"That's the NHS" I believe was the actual line.

If you don't have any luck with your GP, pay for it privately - it's only about £20.
Reply 7
I had the MMR jab and still got mumps

Mumps = the worst, I had it over christmas and new year too which made it extra bad.
Hang on... You need another shot?
I thought you were like protected for life!
QuantumTheory
Hang on... You need another shot?
I thought you were like protected for life!

You have a booster at about 16 - I did, anyway - and that boosts your immunity :smile:
smellslikemarmite
Have you had a booster recently though?

:nah: :rolleyes: . . .

I had the whole MMR thing when I was a kid - long long long time ago. Im getting the booster (MMR2) on Thursday as Mumps is going around my Uni and like someone else mentioned above, its better to try and be safe than sorry, because right now - I can't afford to have this thing with sooooooooo much going on, ie Uni assignments to do and etc.

munkie
"That's the NHS" I believe was the actual line.

If you don't have any luck with your GP, pay for it privately - it's only about £20.

Awww gawd . . . :s-smilie:, I hope I don't have that trouble on Thursday. I shall report back and let ya'll know for future reference if anyone else intends to get the booster.

Latest

Trending

Trending