The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Cov uni- repeating modules

Hi so I’m currently studying biomedical science at Coventry university & I just finished my 2nd year. I have failed my results at a module so have failed the whole module. I have enough credits to progress but not passing this module would mean that my award will be dropped. I was just wondering Would I be able to retake the module in 3rd year alongside my new modules or would I have to repeat 2nd year?
This is one of those queries where you will have to go and read the Academic Regulations for the university - they are always available online. What you can and can't do after failing resits, etc including the conditions for "concurrent study" (taking modules from different levels at the same time) will be set out there. Every uni has its own rules.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by Biomedcov
Hi so I’m currently studying biomedical science at Coventry university & I just finished my 2nd year. I have failed my results at a module so have failed the whole module. I have enough credits to progress but not passing this module would mean that my award will be dropped. I was just wondering Would I be able to retake the module in 3rd year alongside my new modules or would I have to repeat 2nd year?

Hey @Biomedcov,

I'm sorry to hear this :frown:

Have you attempted the resit of the failed assignment/exam during the resit period? This is where you resit the assignment and the maximum mark you're able to achieve is 40%. If you fail the resit, you will need to retake the module through several options. By becoming a part-time student and re-enrolling on the failed module only or resit the failed module alongside the third-year modules - these 2 options are the most common. Again, I would check with the academic regulations* for clarification, and email registry to enquire and/or speak to your APT about your options.

*Section 6 and 6b: Regulations for the Undergraduate Curriculum Framework, opt for Section 6b (Mode E), select 2021-22. The information you're looking for is on page 5.

I hope you're able to find out soon. :smile:

Let me know how you get on.

Veronica
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest