The Student Room Group

Reflective Essay

I need advice/a sample essay on how to write a critical reflection on how to develop leadership and management skills during practice-based learning.

Thank you for your help.
Reply 1
What field of nursing are you doing
Reply 2
Original post by Ment
I need advice/a sample essay on how to write a critical reflection on how to develop leadership and management skills during practice-based learning.

Thank you for your help.

This sounds very like a 3rd year sort of essay. I would suggest that you look at the assignment guidance for this essay and the learning outcomes for the module as they will outline what sorts of things you will need to include. Also, do some literature searches on developing leadership/management skills as a (student) nurse as this will give you guidance on things to include.
Reply 3
Original post by Emily_B
This sounds very like a 3rd year sort of essay. I would suggest that you look at the assignment guidance for this essay and the learning outcomes for the module as they will outline what sorts of things you will need to include. Also, do some literature searches on developing leadership/management skills as a (student) nurse as this will give you guidance on things to include.

Thanks Emily for saying that you think it's 3rd years....
Reason why I couldn't figure it out as was going to ask my mum or partner this......x
Original post by Ment

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

I hope you're well. I actually recently did an essay similar to this, which is quite funny! I would advise you to familiarise yourself with the module guide and learning outcomes, to ensure you hit those pointers. Find literature (books, journals) which talk about leadership and management skills and have a good understanding about what practice-based learning is. As it is focused on developing the leadership and management skills, you could perhaps identify those which would not be as beneficial, and ones which would be better suited - if that makes sense; this also shows reflection!

If you are still struggling I would advise having a tutorial or getting some support from a member of the academic team.

Kind regards,
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending