The Student Room Group

Failed adult nursing course

I have been withdrawn from the adult nursing course after failing a module but have passed sufficient modules to receive the award of Bachelor of science Health care studies (Adult health care). I have completed all my placement hours too.

I don't know what to do next. I am unsure if I can get into top up courses to get nursing degree or apply for masters in nursing. I am even thinking of starting a new in a different career.
Any one else who went through the same problem?
Any advice given will be appreciated.
Original post by itsmepreesita
I have been withdrawn from the adult nursing course after failing a module but have passed sufficient modules to receive the award of Bachelor of science Health care studies (Adult health care). I have completed all my placement hours too.

I don't know what to do next. I am unsure if I can get into top up courses to get nursing degree or apply for masters in nursing. I am even thinking of starting a new in a different career.

@Emily_B@Tracey_W. Don't know if yous can assist more on this. Thanks.

You could go through the appeal process with discussing the issue with your university student union representative and see what they say about this as they will tell you whether or not you have a case of appealling.

They have the rights to withdraw people from the course if they have failed a module or exam a certain amount of times ( each university has their own rules about how many times you are allowed to fail things like this before making a decision about your future on the course).
You have to pass everything to qualify as a nurse 😔.

Don't rush into anything until you perhaps spoken with your university student union representative and then decide what to do next.

Hello @itsmepreesita

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I think it depends on whether the module was a core module to you passing the course and being able to pass the whole degree - it may be worth exploring if you could retake that module or your whole year again. If you have been withdrawn from a BSc course, you will be unable to undertake a MSc. I would advise you to speak to your course director / lead as they know your individual circumstances and will be able to assist you further.

Best of luck
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3

Hi,

I was wondering if you got clarification on this? My situation is very similar. I had time off for health reasons, then the Standards changed and I could no longer complete my final placement. I've had to start year 2 again but student finance haven't processed my application yet. I'm concerned the system is going to say I'm not eligible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending