The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

Online Masters of Computer Science at University of Sunderland

Is anyone currently doing the online Masters of computer science at University of Sunderland?
Not a lot of reviews, but looking at the negative reviews from York which is run by the same third party company of Sunderland, I am not really sure what to make of it.
There are one or two "reviews" where they're saying they're currently enrolled in it without any complaint. Then again they didn't really say they were enjoying it either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Reply 1
Hey,

I am myself in the same situation. Please DM me if you got any answers or such. Regards
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
Hi, I'm about to start the Masters of Computer Science course in January. Just wondering do you know how the modules are going to be delivered? Like are there going to be pre-recorded lectures or just slides?
Original post by Username22332
Hi, I'm about to start the Masters of Computer Science course in January. Just wondering do you know how the modules are going to be delivered? Like are there going to be pre-recorded lectures or just slides?

Hi, can you please tell me how you are finding the course so far?
Original post by eeecc
Hey,

I am myself in the same situation. Please DM me if you got any answers or such. Regards

Dont do the course I did the first 2 modules and dropped out. It's the biggest scam ever. The tutors don't mark your work for months after its due, hardly respond to your questions, literally forget to give you back your work. They're so rude and don't care about you at all. Please do not do this course.
Dont do the course I did the first 2 modules and dropped out. It's the biggest scam ever. The tutors don't mark your work for months after its due, hardly respond to your questions, literally forget to give you back your work. They're so rude and don't care about you at all. Please do not do this course.

Hi there,
We're sorry to hear that this was your experience with this course, if you would like this to be looked into please contact our helpline team on [email protected]
Thanks
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
Hi there,
We're sorry to hear that this was your experience with this course, if you would like this to be looked into please contact our helpline team on [email protected]
Thanks

Myself and several other colleagues have already made complaints to the student success team as advised by the module leader. We never got a response although they keep sending me "reminder" emails to pay for additional modules.

It's funny how you bombarded me with calls and emails when trying to get me to enroll and then once paid you stop caring.

The truth is your online MScs have nothing to do with the University of Sunderland. They're run by an external company but the University of Sunderland put their name on it to make it sound "credible".

If you actually cared you would see the countless negative reviews made over the years about your online courses and make changes. But clearly you only care about milking international students.
Reply 7
Is it worse than the York one?
I think they're exactly the same course tbh. I believe all of these online master degrees are run by the same company.

Hi there,
The learning material/modules will all be delivered online and can be accessed on demand, at times that are convenient for you. If you contact our support team they will be able to discuss this in more detail with you. You can do this via:
Freephone: 0808 189 0240 International: +44 (0)191 574 0002 Email: [email protected]

Thanks
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
Hi there,
The learning material/modules will all be delivered online and can be accessed on demand, at times that are convenient for you. If you contact our support team they will be able to discuss this in more detail with you. You can do this via:
Freephone: 0808 189 0240 International: +44 (0)191 574 0002 Email: [email protected]

Thanks

I love how you're able to respond here but not to the emails of your existing students.

This university is only interested in talking to you at the beginning to secure your money. They never respond to your emails regarding any problems or concerns afterwards.

The "learning material" you provide is laughable. It's literally a few bullet points on PowerPoint slides and a few 2 minute videos from the lecturers in their dimly lit living rooms during the COVID pandemic.

Edit: Wow just realised you responded to my comment from over a year ago.... And apparently you didn't notice my other comments and that I've dropped out of the course after finding out it's a massive scam (even though you responded to my comment telling me where to complain to before 😂😂). This just proves my point even further that you're a bunch of idiots who put no care into what they're doing.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending