The Student Room Group

Dont want to do apprenticeship

Hi I've signed a contract for an apprenticeship

But I no longer want to do it

I can just email then saying I don't want to do it anymore right?
Because I signed the contract it doesn't mean I HAVE to do it does it?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Umayrc63
Hi I've signed a contract for an apprenticeship

But I no longer want to do it

I can just email then saying I don't want to do it anymore right?
Because I signed the contract it doesn't mean I HAVE to do it does it?

Thanks

Email and ask, but you surely will be let off they can't force you to attend or penalise you haha. I wouldn't do one anyway, total scam of an excuse to pay you less for the same work.
Reply 2
Original post by augczx
Email and ask, but you surely will be let off they can't force you to attend or penalise you haha. I wouldn't do one anyway, total scam of an excuse to pay you less for the same work.

I think that scam thing is only true for certain apprenticeships for jobs that you could get without needing an apprenticeship. Like retail assistant apprenticeships for example, you could get a retail job that pays more and you don’t need to study a qualification at the same time.

however for things like software engineering or accounting or law, it’s incredibly rare for someone to be able to get a job in that field fresh from college. So apprenticeships are a good choice then, esp since many offer decent salaries along with a free degree/other qualification and sometimes a permanent role in the company after completion

i can definitely see the downsides of apprenticeships and there are definitely some that pay poorly/are clearly employers taking advantage of the system, but I don’t think it’s fair to write them off as a scam
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by augczx

I'm starting one... they pay well (well enough for me to comfortably pay rent in South England) and its 4 years of experience at a top company doing Engineering. Many apprenticeships aren't scams
Reply 4
Original post by UsernameTaken98
I'm starting one... they pay well (well enough for me to comfortably pay rent in South England) and its 4 years of experience at a top company doing Engineering. Many apprenticeships aren't scams

I was talking about your average apprenticeship, the lower skilled jobs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending