The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London Aero/EEE MAT Test

Hello,

I'm thinking about applying to Imperial for EEE, and I saw that applicants need to take an admission test. Is there any way that I could prepare for this test? I can't seem to find any past papers or even a syllabus for it online.

Thank you
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

The admissions test is new, so there arent any past papers for it yet. I would think to stick to the basics and revise some A level maths and further maths if you study them. Or practice computing entrance tests from imperial as I assume it might be similar.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by whitewhite
The admissions test is new, so there arent any past papers for it yet. I would think to stick to the basics and revise some A level maths and further maths if you study them. Or practice computing entrance tests from imperial as I assume it might be similar.

Thank you for your reply.
Literally just made a thread about this but seems I’ve found my people!

I’m looking into it but maybe it could be like the mech eng test?

Gonna go email them and see
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jusanaverage1
Literally just made a thread about this but seems I’ve found my people!

I’m looking into it but maybe it could be like the mech eng test?

Gonna go email them and see

I'm also preparing for the Cambridge ENGAA. Perhaps those resources could be useful?
Original post by xzy608
I'm also preparing for the Cambridge ENGAA. Perhaps those resources could be useful?

Emailed them and they said it’s as level maths so should be ok hopefully
Emailed them and they said it’s as level maths so should be ok hopefully

Thank you very much!
Original post by xzy608
Thank you very much!

No problem! But hey I’m just gonna revise some basic programming and physics as level too just in case!
No problem! But hey I’m just gonna revise some basic programming and physics as level too just in case!

Doubt programming would be involved as some applicants for EEE don't take computer science.
Original post by Anonymous
Doubt programming would be involved as some applicants for EEE don't take computer science.

Hahaha I don’t take computer science either, but however for computer science’s test at imperial, I’ve heard there are some programming qs even tho some people don’t take computing- thats why I suggested it.
Hahaha I don’t take computer science either, but however for computer science’s test at imperial, I’ve heard there are some programming qs even tho some people don’t take computing- thats why I suggested it.

Also having not taken computer science what are you doing to prepare?
I did GCSE computer science so I’m going over some of that + for my personal statement I coded a project so I know the basis of Python! But honestly it doesn’t look like it’s gonna come up. They posted something about the test on their website on their department information.
I did GCSE computer science so I’m going over some of that + for my personal statement I coded a project so I know the basis of Python! But honestly it doesn’t look like it’s gonna come up. They posted something about the test on their website on their department information.

Please could you share the link for the information on the website.
Please could you share the link for the information on the website.

Sure!

Here :
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/electrical-engineering/study/undergraduate/applications-interviews-and-offers/
hey, if you guys dont mind me asking, what are you writing in your personal statements?
Updates?
:bump:
just got invited to the test
Reply 17
What date is your test on? And how did you find the sample papers? I thought some questions were simple but I don't do further maths. I hope your test goes well,👍
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Badepy
What date is your test on?

3rd November. Did you get invited too?
Reply 19
3rd November. Did you get invited too?

No. I haven't applied yet I'm gonna do the test in February so I can cover more maths content first

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending