The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Official University of Stirling 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Stirling for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

No one else?

My daughter applied for Economics and Politics on Tuesday of this week got an offer Wednesday.

The rapid reply made her very happy indeed - it took so much effort to finish her personal statement and get her school organised with their stuff for UCAS.

She is doing A level Politics, Geography and Maths and EPQ on Chinese Economics
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Original post by LittleSkink
No one else?

My daughter applied for Economics and Politics on Tuesday of this week got an offer Wednesday.

The rapid reply made her very happy indeed - it took so much effort to finish her personal statement and get her school organised with their stuff for UCAS.

She is doing A level Politics, Geography and Maths and EPQ on Chinese Economics

These threads tend to get more active throughout the year :smile:

Congratulations to your daughter, that must have been a big relief!
as a parent I don't think I appreciated how much effort it takes to get to this point and how much of a relief it is to get your first "yes".

So much internet time on web searches / websites (and TSR reading) quite a few campus visits, subject questions to ask, lots of mind changes on subject / module choice, lots of soul searching on Uni choice, accommodation questions to ask. And a personal statement we almost grew to hate as every teacher wanted different changes.

So yes, it was lovely to see my daughter jumping up and down with excitement about getting her first offer - its not as abstract any more, she really is going to Uni next year (grades permitting of course, but this is an insurance choice and the Uni were pretty generous)
Congrats :smile:

I was impressed at how quickly and positively Stirling responded to my daughters application
Original post by ChiefBrody
Congrats :smile:

I was impressed at how quickly and positively Stirling responded to my daughters application

We had a very different experience - a few years ago my daughter had to wait a while for her offer but eventually she got one. This time around for her PG I don’t think they took enough time on her application and rejected her within 3 days. She’s in line for a first class honours degree and is an A student and yet they rejected her for PG. Luckily an RG uni has given her an opportunity for interview and sees something different. I’ve very disappointed in Stirling this time around. Other unis we are waiting on but at least they are taking time to vet her.
Reply 6
Got in to Politics last week. Applied December 2nd, got an unconditional on the 9th! Kind of surprised by the response speed. Got AAAAC at higher.
I applied on the 5th December and received my offer on the 9th for History. My first and only offer so far applied for Glasgow, Strathclyde and Edinburgh and GCU too
Any postgrad applicants here?
Have applied for social work at Glasgow Caledonian, Strathclyde, UWS and Stirling application sent on 19th December so just need to wait now and try to stop checking a million times a day!
Original post by Kerry1986
Have applied for social work at Glasgow Caledonian, Strathclyde, UWS and Stirling application sent on 19th December so just need to wait now and try to stop checking a million times a day!

UG or PG
Original post by Anonymous
UG or PG

UG probably won’t hear anything for a while but the waiting is killing me 🤣
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Stirling for 2023!

Ice breaker questions:

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Hi!
I applied for English literature and language on the 6th of December and received an unconditional on the 13th of December :smile:
I'd like to chat to anyone who's planning on going there about anything from accommodation to the city itself!
Original post by bekah19b
Hi!
I applied for English literature and language on the 6th of December and received an unconditional on the 13th of December :smile:
I'd like to chat to anyone who's planning on going there about anything from accommodation to the city itself!

Hiii I received a conditional for psychology,, it’s probably my second choice but I’ll probably end up going to Stirling because grade requirements for my first choice are quite high. I’d love to chat and make friends, I’ve heard that the accom is pretty good and some I’ve looked at have free gyms which is great
Hiii I received a conditional for psychology,, it’s probably my second choice but I’ll probably end up going to Stirling because grade requirements for my first choice are quite high. I’d love to chat and make friends, I’ve heard that the accom is pretty good and some I’ve looked at have free gyms which is great

Hey!
I literally don't even know why i didn't say in my original post but my course is a joint honours for English studies and psychology! So if you end up going to Stirling we will probably bump into each other in psychology lectures or whatever it is lmao.
With Stirling some of the accom is really nice and then some look like literal prison cells, there is no inbetween. The free gyms thing is so good! Hoping that Stirling will convert me into a sporty person.
My first choice was Edinburgh but I haven't heard anything yet and I probably won't get in, and also edinburgh is too posh and expensive for me ngl.
I've only visited Stirling once and I don't really know what it's like, Do you know if the actual city is nice?
Hi , did you have to go to an interview with stirling ?

Hi, I got an offer for History and Sociology! Currently on a gap year
Reply 17
Hi! I applied for Film & Media on 22 Jan and received a conditional offer on 27th. Did anyone else applied the same course?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

Hi, i was accepted about 2 weeks ago to stirling. i will be studying english and history!
last year i passed my 5 highers i needed, so this year is a chilled out year. i’m only doing an FA, higher RMPS and Business 😁

Quick Reply

Latest