The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science: 2023 Applicants Thread

✨Hello to all biomedical science applicants!✨

This is a thread for all those who are applying for biomedical science for the 2023/24 cycle, since we're a pretty uncommon breed on here :laugh:

Feel free to discuss doubts and do whatever (as long as it's within TSR rules!)

Those who are unsure about taking biomed, you are welcome to ask your questions here!

Some icebreaker questions to get to know each other better-

1) Which unis are you applying to?
2) Why biomedical science?
3) Your favorite topic within biomed?

Enjoy! :h:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleep_supremacy

This is a thread for all those who are applying for biomedical science for the 2023/24 cycle, since we're a pretty uncommon breed on here :laugh:

Those who are unsure about taking biomed, you are welcome to ask your questions here!

Nice idea to get to know your biomed compadres, but may have more luck if you hadn’t posted it in the medicine forum. Perhaps it could be moved to the right one by mods?
Original post by George&Mary44!
Nice idea to get to know your biomed compadres, but may have more luck if you hadn’t posted it in the medicine forum. Perhaps it could be moved to the right one by mods?

Oh crap I meant to put it in Applications, Clearing and UCAS 0_0

Thanks for pointing it out! :smile:

I don't know whom to tag for this :redface: Umm, @Admit-One? Apologies for tagging you again, but I don't really know anyone else from the higher ups :laugh:
(edited 1 year ago)
Oh crap I meant to put it in Applications, Clearing and UCAS 0_0

Thanks for pointing it out! :smile:

I don't know whom to tag for this :redface: Umm, @Admit-One? Apologies for tagging you again, but I don't really know anyone else from the higher ups :laugh:

No worries, unfortunately I can't move it myself, (I can only move things already in UCAS & Applications), but have put in a request for it to go to Biological and life science courses.
Original post by Admit-One
No worries, unfortunately I can't move it myself, (I can only move things already in UCAS & Applications), but have put in a request for it to go to Biological and life science courses.

Thank you so much! :smile: Can I request that it be moved to UCAS and Applications instead? (If not, no worries! :biggrin:)
Thank you so much! :smile: Can I request that it be moved to UCAS and Applications instead? (If not, no worries! :biggrin:)

Amended the request.

NB. If you ever need something moving you can use the report flag on the first post and then 'Posting Help > Thread Move', the comment field can be used to suggest where it should go.
Original post by Admit-One
Amended the request.

NB. If you ever need something moving you can use the report flag on the first post and then 'Posting Help > Thread Move', the comment field can be used to suggest where it should go.

I'll remember that, thanks for the help! :smile:

1) right now I am thinking KCL, birmingham, cardiff, bath and UCL (but for applied medical sciences instead of biomed) these could change tho haha
2) i just love human biology and all things disease. was thinking about medicine in yr 12 but realised i want to be a scientist more than a doctor. i am better suited to being behind the scenes and after doing a med degree i wanted to work in research anyway. i thought a biomed + masters + phd would be the better route (if i still want to peruse research at the end of my undergrad) as in a med degree i would be learning clinical skills mostly which wouldn’t be all that useful.
3) probably cancer biology or genetics
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by maddyloveridge1
1) right now I am thinking KCL, birmingham, cardiff, bath and UCL (but for applied medical sciences instead of biomed) these could change tho haha
2) i just love human biology and all things disease. was thinking about medicine in yr 12 but realised i want to be a scientist more than a doctor. i am better suited to being behind the scenes and after doing a med degree i wanted to work in research anyway. i thought a biomed + masters + phd would be the better route (if i still want to peruse research at the end of my undergrad) as in a med degree i would be learning clinical skills mostly which wouldn’t be all that useful.
3) probably cancer biology or genetics

I'm applying to UCL, KCL, Birmingham and Bath too! :biggrin: 4/5 same!

1) UCL, KCL, Birmingham, Bath and Sheffield

2) I love studying about the biology behind disease. I didn't want a people-facing job like a doctor, and I'd much rather help to make medicine than prescribe it. Looking to go into research!

3) Cell and molecular biology!
Hi everyone! Hope we can all get an ideal end in our application season!
Course: Biomedical sciences/ medical biosciences / Applied medical sciences
Universities: IC, UCL, KCL, Manchester
A Levels: A*A*AA
IGCSE: 5A*
International applicants! Have submitted on 13th Oct.
Still waiting...
Original post by XoCYBoX
Hi everyone! Hope we can all get an ideal end in our application season!
Course: Biomedical sciences/ medical biosciences / Applied medical sciences
Universities: IC, UCL, KCL, Manchester
A Levels: A*A*AA
IGCSE: 5A*
International applicants! Have submitted on 13th Oct.
Still waiting...

I'm applying to UCL and KCL too! Nice to meet you! :biggrin:

Also, have you not submitted a fifth uni choice?
(edited 1 year ago)
I'm applying to UCL and KCL too! Nice to meet you! :biggrin:

same here!!
UCL,KCL, Edinburgh, Imperial, Oxford !!
Original post by Bubbles_54
same here!!
UCL,KCL, Edinburgh, Imperial, Oxford !!

Nice to meet you too! :biggrin:

2/5 unis in common! (Would've been 3/5, but I didn't like Imperial's teaching style for this course so I decided not to apply. What do you think about it?)

You're really aiming high! Best of luck with your application :smile:
I applied to biomed as my fifth choice and got an unconditional offer at Southampton
Nice to meet you too! :biggrin:

2/5 unis in common! (Would've been 3/5, but I didn't like Imperial's teaching style for this course so I decided not to apply. What do you think about it?)

You're really aiming high! Best of luck with your application :smile:

Thank youuu!! fair enough! I am a bit worried but I wanted to stay in London for financial reasons and 2 outside of London that I would love to attend although are competitive yikes
Original post by Faisal101
I applied to biomed as my fifth choice and got an unconditional offer at Southampton

Congratulations! :smile:
Congratulations! :smile:

:smile:
Original post by Bubbles_54
Thank youuu!! fair enough! I am a bit worried but I wanted to stay in London for financial reasons and 2 outside of London that I would love to attend although are competitive yikes

Yeah, Oxford and Edinburgh are pretty competitive, but you have good grades, so don't feel disheartened :smile:

Are you a home student?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending