The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Low gcse grades hindering lse chances?

Hi everyone, I'm becoming extremely concerned that I won't be able to get an offer from LSE due to my abysmal GCSES. I got 3 5's 4 6's and 2 7's because to be quite honest I just didn't put the effort in. However I am now predicted 3a*'s and am wanting to pursue actuarial science bsc at lse. Will this be possible or willl lse immediately reject me due to my terrible gcses? Thanks
Original post by hi370762
Hi everyone, I'm becoming extremely concerned that I won't be able to get an offer from LSE due to my abysmal GCSES. I got 3 5's 4 6's and 2 7's because to be quite honest I just didn't put the effort in. However I am now predicted 3a*'s and am wanting to pursue actuarial science bsc at lse. Will this be possible or willl lse immediately reject me due to my terrible gcses? Thanks

I don’t think they would immediately reject you unless you have below a 6 in either of Maths or English Language.
(edited 6 months ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

what did you get the 5s in

It won’t help your chances, given that you’ll be competing against tonnes of people with straight 8s and 9s. Universities will also probably not trust your predicted grades - to put it kindly, very few (if any) people will your GCSE grades will go on to get straight A*s.

But it’s only 1 of 5 choices, and you’re supposed to have an aspirational choice, so if LSE is where you really want to go, you might as well try.

And if you do get rejected, but manage to get 3A*s, you could always take a gap year and reapply. With those achieved grades, you’d be able to demonstrate a strong upwards academic trajectory, so your application would be much stronger.
Original post by LeapingLucy
It won’t help your chances, given that you’ll be competing against tonnes of people with straight 8s and 9s. Universities will also probably not trust your predicted grades - to put it kindly, very few (if any) people will your GCSE grades will go on to get straight A*s.

But it’s only 1 of 5 choices, and you’re supposed to have an aspirational choice, so if LSE is where you really want to go, you might as well try.

And if you do get rejected, but manage to get 3A*s, you could always take a gap year and reapply. With those achieved grades, you’d be able to demonstrate a strong upwards academic trajectory, so your application would be much stronger.

do you think 9888877776 is competitive enough for LSE then? i know theyre not the most incredible but do you reckon I have a chance if im predicted A*A*A?
Original post by Anonymous
do you think 9888877776 is competitive enough for LSE then? i know theyre not the most incredible but do you reckon I have a chance if im predicted A*A*A?

For what course?
Original post by Anonymous

Of course you have a chance. Your grades are fine. LSE asks for a majority of A*s and As, which you have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending