The Student Room Group

UK Army doctor help

hello ! I’m in year 11 right now and im quite convinced that in the future I’d like to be an army doctor.. I’ve tried researching as much as I can about it and I understand there are years you need to train and etc.

but I don’t understand how to correlate my education with this if that makes sense…
do I apply after a levels or uni? and what does it mean when it says it’ll help with my uni medical degree alongside and required years.. I’m just confused on the process of applying

can someone please explain when I’m supposed to apply and any applications I need to fill out?

sorry if this didn’t make sense :/
https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/army-medical-service/doctor . I can't find the source for it now, but I think I read around this page that you should apply before the end of Jan 1st year for maximum bursary amount. You must pass the Army Officer Selection Board for non-medical professionally qualified officers and the Arm Selection Board for the Royal Army Medical Corps to qualify. From there if you're accepted, the army will pay you money towards your tuition and when you've graduated, you will do your 2 year foundation training in an army hospital. I'm 90% sure after your training, you're mandated to do at least 4 years service. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by x.roisin
https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/army-medical-service/doctor . I can't find the source for it now, but I think I read around this page that you should apply before the end of Jan 1st year for maximum bursary amount. You must pass the Army Officer Selection Board for non-medical professionally qualified officers and the Arm Selection Board for the Royal Army Medical Corps to qualify. From there if you're accepted, the army will pay you money towards your tuition and when you've graduated, you will do your 2 year foundation training in an army hospital. I'm 90% sure after your training, you're mandated to do at least 4 years service. :smile:

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending