The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4480
Well done Kelly! An absolutely amazing performance and athlete. One of the all time greats now. And to do that at the age of 34 is brilliant. She is by far the athlete of these olympics, followed by Amir Khan.
Reply 4481
hey guess wat, i met laxmipathy balaji today in my town centre., i live in nottingham, and as on wed there is an india vs eng game at trent bridge, the india squad are here, and i met him at nottingham town centre.

pakistan threw away the final today, they ought to have won that

but thats the aussies for u, give them a sniff and your in trouble....
Xenon
She is by far the athlete of these olympics, followed by Amir Khan.

slightly biased- holmes and khan have certainly been two of the best athletes in athens though (unless you're only talking about brits)
Reply 4483
mockel
slightly biased- holmes and khan have certainly been two of the best athletes in athens though

I'm sure that many other people would have agreed, at least about Holmes. And many people have rated Kahn soo much these olympics. Even if he isn't one of the athletes of the olympics, he is most certainly the find on the olympics.
Reply 4484
ravs
yeah i knew someone would post this

he didnt have the greatest of games, but he is still a very good umpire, steve bucknor has been very poor of late, especially in pakistan and australia and sri lanka. shep has been having a very good season

btw shep never gave symonds out in the india game, that was jeremy lloyds of england

the best two umps atm are simon taufel and aleem dar, taufel is seriously good

oh yeah ... taufel and dar ... great umps ...

bucknor and shep are both slipping ... the inzamam and youhana decisions were horrific ... the ball was no where close to the bat .
Xenon
I'm sure that many other people would have agreed, at least about Holmes. And many people have rated Kahn soo much these olympics. Even if he isn't one of the athletes of the olympics, he is most certainly the find on the olympics.

yeah, i was mainly talking about khan, but i do agree that he is a great find
Go Kelly, Go Kelly, GO

Go Kelly, Go Kelly, GO

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KELLY!
Reply 4487
And the unbeaten run will most likely go on!!!!!

And what a partnership between Henry and Reyes!
Reply 4488
i meant holmes was athlete of britain, but now i come to think about it she is one of the best in the whole thing along with michael phelps and that el guerroj if he wins his next race, and ofcourse amir khan.

flop of the tournament????= paula radcliffe
Reply 4489
chats
i meant holmes was athlete of britain, but now i come to think about it she is one of the best in the whole thing along with michael phelps and that el guerroj if he wins his next race, and ofcourse amir khan.

I agree, sort of. Maybe also the weak-minded of the tournament, sort of the loser, because she gave up.
One of the bravest of the tournament-the GB guy who broke his bike, and carried it round to get it fixed. Maximum effort there, total opposite of Paula.
Xenon
And the unbeaten run will most likely go on!!!!!

And what a partnership between Henry and Reyes!

this partnership's really sizzling now....it's good that arsenal won't have to rely on henry to score loads, esp in europe.

talking about europe, what do you think of the draw? should be pretty easy for us, imo
does billy bowden do test matches?
Reply 4492
koertzen has been better than both of them in the last two years.

im fine if an ump gets 2 decisions wrong in a test match, but not an odi. especially when two high stature batters like inzi and yo-yo are involved.
Reply 4493
yes brent 'billy' bowden does do tests, hes done the entire sri lanka vs south africa test and odi series

hes quite good but not as good as taufel and dar i dont think although he did have a very impressive wc2003
Reply 4494
bowden is a pretty good ump but hes better known for his natics than his lbw decisions ... he never wants to give anyone out :smile:
ravs
yes brent 'billy' bowden does do tests, hes done the entire sri lanka vs south africa test and odi series

hes quite good but not as good as taufel and dar i dont think although he did have a very impressive wc2003

hehe, kind of dumb of me to forget that bowden did the tests in sri lanka, since i was following the series very closely
Reply 4496
chats

and el guerroj does it. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING golds in 1500m and 5000m
chats
and el guerroj does it. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING golds in 1500m and 5000m

the guy is amazing!
did kipketer win the 800?
Reply 4498
mockel
the guy is amazing!
did kipketer win the 800?

no kipketer came third :mad:
chats