The Student Room Group

Letter of Rec for international UG applicant

Hey guys! I have a dilemma 😭
OK so I am an international student (USA) who will be applying for undergrad in the UK. My issue is with letters of rec. I currently have two letters of rec, however they are from teachers who don't teach the course I will be applying to. Also, they are written in the American style (I've heard that UK letters of rec are very different from American ones). ALSO, I asked the person who ran my internship to write me a rec but he ghosted me and never responded and now there's roughly a week left until the deadline. What do I do?

Should I...

Use the American style letter of rec that I already have and hope for the best

Email the schools and see if they will allow me to not submit a letter of rec

Do something else that I haven't thought of yet...

Thank you so much guys 😭
Reply 1
Use the ones you have, it'll make minimal difference.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
Use the ones you have, it'll make minimal difference.

Even though they don't relate to the course I'm applying to? Would it be better if I got a letter of rec from my school counsellor? She's very quick and I know she can get it in on time...

Thank you so much for replying!
(edited 3 months ago)
Are you applying through UCAS?
If so then you can’t add your own recommendation (even if you have been given a copy by your referee). It has to be added by your referee directly onto UCAS before the deadline. If that’s likely to cause an issue with your teachers then your counsellor is likely to be a better option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending