The Student Room Group

Learning materials for biological sciences!

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone studying Biological sciences could help me with some learning resources (whether be websites, links, flashcards, youtube recs, book recs, past papers from other unis, essay writing recs...).

I am currently doing Animal Biology at RVC and have a hard time finding materials online or within the uni. Any help wll be much appreciated!!
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by blitz168
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone studying Biological sciences could help me with some learning resources (whether be websites, links, flashcards, youtube recs, book recs, past papers from other unis, essay writing recs...).

I am currently in my first year doing Animal Biology at RVC and have a hard time finding materials online or within the uni. Any help wll be much appreciated!!

Youtube - Crash Course, Khan Academy, Osmosis for Elsevier and Amoeba sisters. Do bare in mind some content is aimed at GCSE level but it's great to get a basic understanding from these.

Research/journal wise - Google Scholar, Research Gate and Science Direct are good.

Book wise - Introduction to Animal and Veterinary Anatomy and Physiology by Victoria Aspinall and Melanie Capello is great. Waterstones is great for books, look at their Veterinary Medicine section and you'll find some good stuff on all sorts. There is a veterinary anatomy colouring book by Baljit Singh if you prefer hands on learning.

The Manchester Metropolitan University phrase bank is great for academic writing help and theasaurus.com will be your best friend for assignment writing!

There is some great technology/websites to help with referencing - Ref Works is my personal favourite! but there is also Mendeley and Zotero too. This software will save you so much time!

Hoping that's helpful! 🙂 Good luck and well done on getting in at the RVC!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Sapphire6410
Youtube - Crash Course, Khan Academy, Osmosis for Elsevier and Amoeba sisters. Do bare in mind some content is aimed at GCSE level but it's great to get a basic understanding from these.

Research/journal wise - Google Scholar, Research Gate and Science Direct are good.

Book wise - Introduction to Animal and Veterinary Anatomy and Physiology by Victoria Aspinall and Melanie Capello is great. Waterstones is great for books, look at their Veterinary Medicine section and you'll find some good stuff on all sorts. There is a veterinary anatomy colouring book by Baljit Singh if you prefer hands on learning.

The Manchester Metropolitan University phrase bank is great for academic writing help and theasaurus.com will be your best friend for assignment writing!

There is some great technology/websites to help with referencing - Ref Works is my personal favourite! but there is also Mendeley and Zotero too. This software will save you so much time!

Hoping that's helpful! 🙂 Good luck and well done on getting in at the RVC!

That's so many resources! Thank u so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending