The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Wimbledon or LCF for costume BA

I recently been offered a place for both wimbledon college of arts costume for theatre and screen and london college of fashion costume for performance. I wasnt able to look around LCF as they are moving building but they have an excellent reputation and is more central. I love both designing and making and would really value being taught industry standard practises. I am very conflicted and would value any advise x
Hello @sophiabenabit

These are both excellent courses! You might want to reach out to some of our students on Unibuddy to ask them about their experiences at UAL.

A few other things that might help you decide...

London College of Fashion is the largest college at UAL - it has around 6000 students and is focussed on all aspects of fashion - students often collaborate with each other so this could mean working with fashion photography students or those studying hair and make up. The new campus in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park will be very exciting, right next to a new satellite site of the Victoria and Albert Museum amongst other things.

Wimbledon is much smaller - with only around 1000 students and is located in a leafy, suburban part of London. All of their courses relate to performance, so you'll be studying alongside actors, theatre designs, production artists, etc. The costume course is very well known and respected. It is ranked in the Top 10 places to study costume by the Hollywood Reporter.

Some people prefer the energy of a large college while others like the close knit nature of a smaller college. Definitely explore the areas and get feedback from our current students if you can.

Best wishes,
Sian
UK Student Recruitment
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by sophiabenabit
I recently been offered a place for both wimbledon college of arts costume for theatre and screen and london college of fashion costume for performance. I wasnt able to look around LCF as they are moving building but they have an excellent reputation and is more central. I love both designing and making and would really value being taught industry standard practises. I am very conflicted and would value any advise x

yeah' I have the same problem as you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending