The Student Room Group

MEDICINE in Bulgaria 2023 applicants

Hello, i wanted to know which medical school is more easier to get into out of the 6 medical schools in Bulgaria. Places like Plovdiv have become more difficult to get into over the years. Which places should i apply to.
Anybody else with queries feel free to ask them in this thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
Bumpty bump
Original post by Hamad123
Hello, i wanted to know which medical school is more easier to get into out of the 6 medical schools in Bulgaria. Places like Plovdiv have become more difficult to get into over the years. Which places should i apply to.
Anybody else with queries feel free to ask them in this thread

Exams

TRAKIA
Application opens :
Application Closes : 29th of August
Entry Test Fee : €110
Retake Fee :
Exam Dates : June 4th / July 23rd / August 27th
Final Ranking : 30th of August
Enrolment Dates :
Tuition Fee : €7000

VARNA
Application opens :
Entry Test Fee : €230
Retake Fee : €100
Exam Dates : April 1st / May 11th / June 17th / July 22nd / September 5th
Application closes :

PLOVDIV
Application opens : 01 March 2023
Application Closes : 08 September 2023
Entry Test Fee : €200
Retake Fee : €300
Exam Dates : 25th April / 16th May / 20th June / 18th July / 29th August
Final Ranking : 12th September
Enrolment Dates : 13th - 27th September
First Day : October 2nd

SOFIA
Application opens : 01 August 2023
Application Closes : 13th September 2023
Documents : €40
Entry Test Fee : €200
Exam Dates : 20th September 2023
Results Date: 25th September 2023
Final Ranking : 26th September
Enrolment Dates : 26th September- 20th October
First Day : October 23rd
Hey thanks for the list

How are you guys preparing for the test?
Original post by MoritzZ98
Hey thanks for the list

How are you guys preparing for the test?

practicing entrance exam questions and studying any material I don't understand.
I understand. Do you have a link for me?
Reply 8
I understand. Do you have a link for me?

here are the papers for biology and chemistry

https://mu-plovdiv.bg/en/admission/registration-form-for-biology-and-chemistry-entry-tests/
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 9
Thanks a lot!
Are you just studying these?
Ive got my exam coming up for varna and I'm so nervous. Im averaging around 75% in the mock sample tests, would this be a strong score? i know that if you get below a 3 in terms of Bulgarian grading, you would not be in the final rankings.
Reply 11
mh I understand. I actually also studying the questions from other universities such as Plovdiv. on bemedi they have all practice questions
I just did my test for varna and it really wasn't so bad. All the questions came from the question bank that the agency i use gave us, and there were no surprises. I'd just say focus on the questions, re do them again and again until you learn how to answer them quickly. Im assuming i got a 6 in chemistry and maybe a 5 in biology, but it could be different
Reply 13
great, congrats!
ok nice then I just focus on the questions
yes, I dont really see the point in learning content unless you really need to. Good Luck!
Reply 15
hii, congrats!! what agency did you go through and did they charge alot? thank youuu

Original post by potentialme
I just did my test for varna and it really wasn't so bad. All the questions came from the question bank that the agency i use gave us, and there were no surprises. I'd just say focus on the questions, re do them again and again until you learn how to answer them quickly. Im assuming i got a 6 in chemistry and maybe a 5 in biology, but it could be different
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 16
Hey @potentialme, I get where you're coming from, but for me, going deep into biology and chemistry just makes everything click better. Sure, drilling questions can get you faster at answers, but knowing the nuts and bolts of the subjects can help big time, especially when a curveball question comes flying your way.

Also, it helps me remember stuff for longer. If we're not just looking to clear this test but also kill it in our future studies and jobs, this deeper knowledge really pays off. Getting the 'why' behind the 'what' helps us think on our feet, something we're gonna need a lot in medicine.

And don't even get me started on those crazy resit fees. Spending more time now to really get this stuff down could save us from a retake and is gonna give us a leg up throughout our med studies and beyond. It's a marathon, not a sprint, right?

It's kind of like building a house; you need solid groundwork if you want it to stand strong. Same thing here a good grounding in basic science is our best bet for making it through the twists and turns of medicine. Just throwing it out there. Anyway, good luck with the grind!
Original post by potentialme
yes, I dont really see the point in learning content unless you really need to. Good Luck!
Yes, Moritz, I totally get you. I want to really study the materials. Biology is a huge part of med studies. My brother studies Med and he is very clear about that.
Reply 18
whats bemedi?
mh I understand. I actually also studying the questions from other universities such as Plovdiv. on bemedi they have all practice questions
be-medi is an online course for the preparation for the test and med uni in general :smile:
you'll find it here https://www.be-medi.com

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending