The Student Room Group

Singing in Au Revoir Les Enfants

In the scene near the beginning, the boys are walking to school singing a song, and then Pere Michel talks to Julien.Does anyone know what they are singing? I can't find anything about it other than it is a scout song. And I can't pick up on any words they say either so if you can understand what they are saying then that will help too!
À la claire fontaine

Why, by the way? Is there something interesting to say for that scene?
All I got was that considering the monk only talked to Julien it shows he's popular.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Thank you!!
I just wanted to know if it had any religious connotations so I could say that as soon as they get back to school they are already focus on religion but that's not the case.
"Jamais je ne t'oublierai" could signify Malle's emotions to Hans Helmut Michel.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by alice_hb
In the scene near the beginning, the boys are walking to school singing a song, and then Pere Michel talks to Julien.Does anyone know what they are singing? I can't find anything about it other than it is a scout song. And I can't pick up on any words they say either so if you can understand what they are saying then that will help too!

Je veux savoir le même chose! If you find out, let me know on X (formerly Twitter) at Best Blue State Kate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending