The Student Room Group

AQA A Level French Paper 3 (Speaking/IRP) 7652/3 - 2024 [Exam Chat]

AQA A Level French Paper 3 (Speaking/IRP) 7652/3 - 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: N/A
Length: N/A

Resources
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/as-and-a-level/french-7652
(edited 1 month ago)
Bumping this a bit for now
Hi everyone :smile:
I’ll be taking my exam on Friday, does anyone have any last minute tips??
Original post by SodaMontgomery
Hi everyone :smile:
I’ll be taking my exam on Friday, does anyone have any last minute tips??

I'm taking mine next Wednesday!! I'm here to ask the exact same thing. I've heard some people are only revising year 12 OR year 13 themes for the speaking, not both, in order to minimise content they need to revise and allow themselves to focus on getting really good at the themes they HAVE chosen to look at. But I'm not sure I can take that risk. The photo card, I'm guessing, will be a lot easier to score marks in, so I'm planning to max my performance out in that, to compensate for the IRP discussion... As long as you know your topic well enough though, and have considered the most obvious questions you could be asked after your presentation, I think that's the most you can do! Aside from trying to build on your library of stock/filler phrases maybe? Just spitballing here..
Anyway, good luck for Friday!! Please update as to how it goes!!
Original post by Soround13
I'm taking mine next Wednesday!! I'm here to ask the exact same thing. I've heard some people are only revising year 12 OR year 13 themes for the speaking, not both, in order to minimise content they need to revise and allow themselves to focus on getting really good at the themes they HAVE chosen to look at. But I'm not sure I can take that risk. The photo card, I'm guessing, will be a lot easier to score marks in, so I'm planning to max my performance out in that, to compensate for the IRP discussion... As long as you know your topic well enough though, and have considered the most obvious questions you could be asked after your presentation, I think that's the most you can do! Aside from trying to build on your library of stock/filler phrases maybe? Just spitballing here..
Anyway, good luck for Friday!! Please update as to how it goes!!

Hi, there! I’ve just had my exam, it went pretty okay I’d say, I’m just a little disappointed in my answers to the photo card, I’d wanted to bulk them out more but was just a little frazzled in the moment! But anyway if I can scrape enough marks with my next two exams then hopefully I can get to an a/b or maybe even a star? ( I’m still allowed to dream ig)
Reply 5
Hi, there! I’ve just had my exam, it went pretty okay I’d say, I’m just a little disappointed in my answers to the photo card, I’d wanted to bulk them out more but was just a little frazzled in the moment! But anyway if I can scrape enough marks with my next two exams then hopefully I can get to an a/b or maybe even a star? ( I’m still allowed to dream ig)

I’m sure you did great! How did your IRP go? I’ve got my exam next week and I’m dreading it, I’m praying I don’t get le bénévolat or strikes, did you get the topics you wanted?
Original post by em:):
I’m sure you did great! How did your IRP go? I’ve got my exam next week and I’m dreading it, I’m praying I don’t get le bénévolat or strikes, did you get the topics you wanted?

Hi, the IRP went much more smoothly than the photocard, just make sure you speak enough and slowly enough to take up more time to reduce the number of unexpected questions you’re asked ( obvs within reason- don’t waffle). With the photocard, I got famille and trade unions,I chose family bc imo it’s easier but as soon as I left the exam I could think of a thousand better things to say than what I did.
But dw about any of that, just be confident in your answers and try your best to lead the conversation and use complex structures etc. You’ll be great in your exam, good luck!!

Also you’re right, le bénévolat and strikes suck
Reply 8
Also you’re right, le bénévolat and strikes suck

I know!!!! Fingers crossed I don’t get them - it’d be my worst nightmare if I got both of them!!!!!
X

Not everyone sits the exam at the same time so details of the actual exam shouldn’t be shared unless I’m mistaken here.
(edited 1 week ago)
Hey guys,
I have my exam in two weeks 😭 does anyone have any tips for the irp and if you’ve done it already how many questions do they ask you ?
Original post by Alessiaazzopardi
Hey guys,
I have my exam in two weeks 😭 does anyone have any tips for the irp and if you’ve done it already how many questions do they ask you ?

make a mind map of questions that you think the examiner could ask you and practice coming up with some answers on the spot! I did this for my mock and it helped me feel less nervous about the discussion

Would you mind saying what was on the photocard for each topic?
Hi, the IRP went much more smoothly than the photocard, just make sure you speak enough and slowly enough to take up more time to reduce the number of unexpected questions you’re asked ( obvs within reason- don’t waffle). With the photocard, I got famille and trade unions,I chose family bc imo it’s easier but as soon as I left the exam I could think of a thousand better things to say than what I did.
But dw about any of that, just be confident in your answers and try your best to lead the conversation and use complex structures etc. You’ll be great in your exam, good luck!!

Would you mind saying what was on the photocard for each topic?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending