The Student Room Group

Mechatronics Degree Apprenticeships

Does anyone know of any companies or unis that off Mechatronics degree apprenticeships?I’m currently year 12 doing physics, biology and maths and want to to a degree apprenticeship after year 13. I’m interested in a few engineering fields but especially Mechatronics but I’m struggling to find apprenticeships for it. Any info/tips would be greatly appreciated 👍
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by steph.niji
Does anyone know of any companies or unis that off Mechatronics degree apprenticeships?I’m currently year 12 doing physics, biology and maths and want to to a degree apprenticeship after year 13. I’m interested in a few engineering fields but especially Mechatronics but I’m struggling to find apprenticeships for it. Any info/tips would be greatly appreciated 👍

As mechatronics is a quite a niche subject, I can't offer anything specifically for that (though there may be ones), but there are quite a few degree apprenticeships that would have some sort of relation to this. Off the top of my head, you might want to check out the Navy, RAF, and Army's apprenticeships: they're not to all's liking, but they do offer some engineering apprenticeships. Leonardo is another one that involves engineering and electronics and such. Lastly, and the one I'd say probably has the highest range of apprenticeships is Airbus.

I'd recommend taking a look at each, and seeing if there's any of their job listings that you like the sound of.

Lastly, a personal tip (so feel free to ignore haha), is that there are many brilliant apprenticeships in the Engineering/Technical fields that do not offer degrees: if I were you, I wouldn't disregard these. Obviously, apprenticeships are high valued anyway as they give you valuable experience, but especially for hands-on jobs like Mechatronics, degrees are often not wanted: so if you struggle to find degree apprenticeships, but want to go into that field, it might be something to consider? Don't feel discouraged about job listings that say they want a degree, because I've known many with experience but no degree that have got a job like that. Just something to take into mind :smile:.

Hope that helps! Good luck with your A-levels and the future :biggrin:

I vaguely remember Amazon offering mechatronics apprenticeship. Don't remember if it was level 4 or 6 though.

Either way, you should check out the government website if you haven't already. Just filter by level and key word mechatronics.
Reply 3
Original post by {Moss}
As mechatronics is a quite a niche subject, I can't offer anything specifically for that (though there may be ones), but there are quite a few degree apprenticeships that would have some sort of relation to this. Off the top of my head, you might want to check out the Navy, RAF, and Army's apprenticeships: they're not to all's liking, but they do offer some engineering apprenticeships. Leonardo is another one that involves engineering and electronics and such. Lastly, and the one I'd say probably has the highest range of apprenticeships is Airbus.

I'd recommend taking a look at each, and seeing if there's any of their job listings that you like the sound of.

Lastly, a personal tip (so feel free to ignore haha), is that there are many brilliant apprenticeships in the Engineering/Technical fields that do not offer degrees: if I were you, I wouldn't disregard these. Obviously, apprenticeships are high valued anyway as they give you valuable experience, but especially for hands-on jobs like Mechatronics, degrees are often not wanted: so if you struggle to find degree apprenticeships, but want to go into that field, it might be something to consider? Don't feel discouraged about job listings that say they want a degree, because I've known many with experience but no degree that have got a job like that. Just something to take into mind :smile:.

Thanks so much, this is actually very helpful. I will keep your tips in mind :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Mara1680
I vaguely remember Amazon offering mechatronics apprenticeship. Don't remember if it was level 4 or 6 though.

Either way, you should check out the government website if you haven't already. Just filter by level and key word mechatronics.

Will do, thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Mara1680

I’ve only just seen this three weeks later lol, but thank you 🙏
Reply 6
Original post by {Moss}

Thanks for the tip :smile:
Reply 7

Same bro, In my two years of research i find out that there is only one university in the world providing Mechatronics Degree apprenticeship. And it is UCLAN, in Liverpool. It actually a Mechatronics and Intelligent Machines(artificial-Intelligence) apprenticeship, 6 year course with Bachelors degree certificate.
Currently I am doing A-level Year 12 Maths, Physics and Computing. I am planning to go there after year 13. I don't know its a technical problem, but the website doesn't showing me the A-level's entry requirements. Whatever it is, I been waiting for this course for past 3 years and only 1 more year to go.

WEBSITE OF APPRENTICESHIP: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/degree-apprenticeships/courses/mechatronics-beng#:~:text=On%20this%20engineering%20degree%20apprenticeship,test%20engineers%20and%20maintenance%20engineering.

Good LuCK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending