The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull uni applicants 2023

hey! I've just accepted a conditional offer to study psychology at hull uni and I was wondering if there was anyone else who had it as their firm as I'm kinda worried I wont make any friends and thought it might be easier if I got to know a few people before joining! I was also thinking we could maybe make a little group chat if anyones interested! :smile:

ive also applied to westfield court (Pankhurst flat 12) for my accomodation! If anyone else is there let me knoww x
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liz3251
hey! I've just accepted a conditional offer to study psychology at hull uni and I was wondering if there was anyone else who had it as their firm as I'm kinda worried I wont make any friends and thought it might be easier if I got to know a few people before joining! I was also thinking we could maybe make a little group chat if anyones interested :smile:

hey! ive got accepted my unconditional offer to study geography - plus im from hull myself so if you wanted to know anything, ask away haha
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by keirah47
hey! ive got accepted my unconditional offer to study geography - plus im from hull myself so if you wanted to know anything, ask away haha

Ooooo ok! Is it a nice place to live? Whenever i tell people im going to uni there they kinda give me a weird look like ive just murdered their whole family and its a little awkward! When i went for my applicant day it seemed really lovely tho so i guess i was wondering if it was as bad as everyone makes out! Ahah
You've made me think about this but actually I would say it is! I don't think that it deserves it's negative representation. There's enough things for you to do in the city centre with some decent shops, museums (that are free) if you're into that and some nice places in general. Newland Ave is good for restaurants and Humber Street too (plus Humber Street has independent shops which are cute). I'm not 18 yet so I'm not 100% about nightlife but I do have friends who have been out and said it's good. I love the Marina and The Deep too! If you're not a fan of Hull City Centre, Beverley is a small market town that is pretty close (like a 15 minute train) and is so good for shops (chain shops in Flemingate and independent shops throughout) and cafes. Plus trains to places like Leeds are frequent and literally take an hour (and they're cheap) so other cities are super accessible for a day trip! Hessle Foreshore is a lovely afternoon out too as you have the foreshore itself and a small nature reserve thing (Little Swiss) too where people go dog walking. It is also like an hour's drive to places like Hornsea and Flamborough, which have their own attractions and things to do! I know Hull gets a lot of flack but I must think it's pretty good, otherwise I'd have chosen to leave when I had the chance haha! Sorry that's so long... hope it helps!! :smile:
Reply 4
Omg no dont be sorry! Thank you so much for replying!! That was all unbelievably useful! Would you be ok with me sending you a message so i can add you on sc and then we can keep in touch? :smile:
Original post by Liz3251
Omg no dont be sorry! Thank you so much for replying!! That was all unbelievably useful! Would you be ok with me sending you a message so i can add you on sc and then we can keep in touch?

of course you can!
Reply 6
Hey I’m a gap year student and I’ve accepted my place for medicine with a foundation year and I applied to stay at Westfield court. I am in Seacole D Fourth Floor - Flat 63. I’m really excited to go to hull but I thought it would be nice to talk to some people I may end up being friends with.
Original post by Liz3251
hey! I've just accepted a conditional offer to study psychology at hull uni and I was wondering if there was anyone else who had it as their firm as I'm kinda worried I wont make any friends and thought it might be easier if I got to know a few people before joining! I was also thinking we could maybe make a little group chat if anyones interested! :smile:

ive also applied to westfield court (Pankhurst flat 12) for my accomodation! If anyone else is there let me knoww x

I accepted an unconditional for psychology at hull :smile: I’m also worried about making friends so thought I’d reply! My accommodation is in the courtyard
Original post by R.080404
I accepted an unconditional for psychology at hull :smile: I’m also worried about making friends so thought I’d reply! My accommodation is in the courtyard

Oh my god I have a friend who’s got an unconditional for psychology at Hull and is staying at the same accommodation! Pm me and I can get you into contact with her😁
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by halfseven
Oh my god I have a friend who’s got an unconditional for psychology at Hull and is staying at the same accommodation! Pm me and I can get you into contact with her😁

Awesome 😄 I can’t send PMs until I’ve been a member for 3 days so I’ll get back to u 😭
Reply 10

Theres a little group chat on snap chat for psychology, if you pm me ill add you :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Df-26
Hey I’m a gap year student and I’ve accepted my place for medicine with a foundation year and I applied to stay at Westfield court. I am in Seacole D Fourth Floor - Flat 63. I’m really excited to go to hull but I thought it would be nice to talk to some people I may end up being friends with.

Oooo ok! Is it cool if i pm you my snap?
Hey! I’ve accepted my unconditional to study biomedical science and I’m gonna be staying at the courtyard
Hi, I’ve got an unconditional offer for biomedical science and I’m staying at the courtyard, what block are you staying in x

Original post by Emily06
Hi, I’ve got an unconditional offer for biomedical science and I’m staying at the courtyard, what block are you staying in x

H :smile:
Hi I have an unconditional for chemical engineerin, when did you guys get info about accom? 😭
Original post by SafoExists
Hi I have an unconditional for chemical engineerin, when did you guys get info about accom? 😭

Hi, I got to pick my accommodation at the start of February after I was sent an email from hull accommodation services. 😊
Original post by keirah47

Hey! I got unconditional for environmental science. is there a specific side of geography you're leaning towards?
Reply 18
Original post by ref_oof
Hey! I got unconditional for environmental science. is there a specific side of geography you're leaning towards?

hey! i originally applied to the BSc but I'm planning on switching to the BA as it's much more my vibe haha (but my aim is to keep a balance of both with the optional modules) ultimately i want to go into teaching! how about you?
Reply 19
Original post by Chemandbiostuden
Hey! I’ve accepted my unconditional to study biomedical science and I’m gonna be staying at the courtyard

hey I've just accepted an unconditional offer for biomedical science as well but I've chose Taylor court instead

Quick Reply

Latest