The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Geography B Paper 3 (1GB0 03) - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel GCSE Geography B Paper 3 (1GB0 03) - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 16th Jun 2023/ PM
Length: 1h 30m
(edited 10 months ago)
for the gcse edexcel B geo paper 3 exam do you need to revise a lot, or it it fine if u dont do that much bc of the resource booklet u get. i have a mock on it in a couple days and my class hasnt covered most of the topics on paper 3 so i was wondering if its that hard.
Original post by dilsheen
for the gcse edexcel B geo paper 3 exam do you need to revise a lot, or it it fine if u dont do that much bc of the resource booklet u get. i have a mock on it in a couple days and my class hasnt covered most of the topics on paper 3 so i was wondering if its that hard.

i didnt sit paper 3 at gcse bc of covid but im doing the same type for a level, firstly ur class shouldve covered the topics u need to know for paper 3 but if they havent then revise everything youve done bc it could be on anything. drawing links between topics and also between human/physical is key, especially linking ur longer answers to how the future is uncertain eg climate change. its not hard but it definitely requires thinking and solid understanding of fundamental topics. good luck
Original post by dilsheen

I did it last year and honestly it was very confusing for most ppl, also, what’s really aggravating is only like 1/20 of what you revise comes up, the rest is just the source booklet. So just make sure you know how to structure your long answer questions because that’s more important
obviously still revise but don’t revise something you haven’t been taught yet bcs it most likely won’t come up
A good video on YouTube had a structure called RAWR (I think) so go there if you’re not sure
good luck!
Reply 4
I'm actually so scared for this paper because I didn't do paper 2 so this one will be worth almost half my marks .. also I haven't been taught anything for it AT ALL?! All I know is that there will be a resource booklet and something about ecosystems? Idk help
Reply 5
Original post by aliceinhell
I'm actually so scared for this paper because I didn't do paper 2 so this one will be worth almost half my marks .. also I haven't been taught anything for it AT ALL?! All I know is that there will be a resource booklet and something about ecosystems? Idk help

late reply but how did it go? tbh it was better than expected for me
What were the 6 markers

Quick Reply

Latest