The Student Room Group

knees and skirts/dresses

I want to wear cute dresses and shortish skirts but my knees look weird. They're quite big(not massive like proportional to my body because my thighs are quite big from past sports) but its always been an insecurity of mine.
Do people actually notice knees/knee caps? It sounds stupid but whenever i have my legs out, thats the only thing i can notice. If you saw someone walking down the street with largish knees, what would you think?

they kinda look like that and a like a pinch bigger
Original post by Anonymous
I want to wear cute dresses and shortish skirts but my knees look weird. They're quite big(not massive like proportional to my body because my thighs are quite big from past sports) but its always been an insecurity of mine.
Do people actually notice knees/knee caps? It sounds stupid but whenever i have my legs out, thats the only thing i can notice. If you saw someone walking down the street with largish knees, what would you think?

Will mostly the human mind focuses on a person's face as that is the main thing they do see and focus on But if I happen to have notice I would not think anything of it as everyone's body is different.
(edited 1 year ago)
If you're worried about it, wear tights. It's cold at the moment anyway...

I've moved your thread to the Fashion section.
Reply 4
People will notice your fashion before your knee caps so just wear the skirt. If you want to feel more confident, use body oils. I always feel prettier when my skin looks glowy and healthy.
I doubt that people will notice to be honest, wear what you like. You could always wear tights if you really want to
I agree, most people won't notice, you don't need to worry about that. The difficult part is to make yourself not think about it, and for that (for my own issues) I still haven't found a solution that always works.
I doubt I'd notice. And if I did I'd think "oh she's got largish knees" and then I'd move on with my life. Or I'd think "cute dress" and not even notice your knees.
My knees are always swollen, I stopped caring what people may think and started wearing dresses. Everyone tells me including my brother (22) that nobody actually cares and are more interested in themselves which is probably true. Get a tan, slap some body oil on and wear that dress!!
Your attire is the first thing that catches people's attention, so put on that skirt without a second thought.
Original post by King Thorn
Will mostly the human mind focuses on a person's face as that is the main thing they do see and focus on But if I happen to have notice I would not think anything of it as everyone's body is different.

I thought the male mind focussed on boobs and bums depending on whether the target is approaching or receding. Lol.
Original post by uberteknik
I thought the male mind focussed on boobs and bums depending on whether the target is approaching or receding. Lol.

If knees are too prominent we can confuse them with boobs and then it's just a whole feedback loop thing :confused:
Reply 12

I've rarely noticed them in my life. If you are concerned, you can wear tights

Quick Reply

Latest