The Student Room Group

anybody else?

i live in a rough-ish town in north east england and i always feel so awkward dressing how i want. i love to wear skirts and dresses all the time, but then i go outside and feel so uncomfortable. people look at you weirdly here because they’re all wearing tracksuits (not that there’s anything wrong with them)! i don’t even dress crazy either, just plain normal length skirts and dresses, but people act like they’ve never seen it. i know it’s just me being overly conscious of other people’s opinions, and i’ll still dress how i want, i was just wondering if anyone can relate
Reply 1
When i went to my home country i got this reaction a lot even if i just wore jeans LOL. Anyways i know the feeling and part of it is just probably self consciousness but overtime i kind of learnt to deal with it because i liked my outfit and i felt pretty in it and that should be enough reason for you to be able to wear it. It’s easier said than done tbh maybe i just love attention idk but i’ve become acclimated to it- not even just back home here as well, I live in the suburbs were fashion is not appreciated and there’s just loads of old people and i always get funny looks for what i wear even though they’re just normal, trendy clothes that other ppl in other places are freely wearing. Point is I feel like you just have to own it and wear what makes you feel confident and just ignore the eyes that are on you because they just want to be you fr - however if it is a case of you feeling unsafe then that’s a different case and i would probs just take the L and cover up then wear the things i want when it is safe to do so but yeah own it girlie #slay
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
When i went to my home country i got this reaction a lot even if i just wore jeans LOL. Anyways i know the feeling and part of it is just probably self consciousness but overtime i kind of learnt to deal with it because i liked my outfit and i felt pretty in it and that should be enough reason for you to be able to wear it. It’s easier said than done tbh maybe i just love attention idk but i’ve become acclimated to it- not even just back home here as well, I live in the suburbs were fashion is not appreciated and there’s just loads of old people and i always get funny looks for what i wear even though they’re just normal, trendy clothes that other ppl in other places are freely wearing. Point is I feel like you just have to own it and wear what makes you feel confident and just ignore the eyes that are on you because they just want to be you fr - however if it is a case of you feeling unsafe then that’s a different case and i would probs just take the L and cover up then wear the things i want when it is safe to do so but yeah own it girlie #slay

i love this!! thank you, im hoping to get used to it soon too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending