The Student Room Group

Official Thread: (Undergraduate) Medicine 2025 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lilysilly_5454
we are still doing a personal statement its not questions for 2025 entry

Oh really! I didn’t know. Thanks for clarifying
Hi I wanted to ask if there is any disadvantages to applying to a university where you would get a guaranteed interview for medicine depending on some requirements.
Reply 22
Hi guys, any ideas about what exam will be as Bmat replacement for Cambridge Oxford? I think other unis will use Ucat. Pls correct me if I am wrong.
Original post by LucyJAT
Hi guys, any ideas about what exam will be as Bmat replacement for Cambridge Oxford? I think other unis will use Ucat. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

heyyyyyy
Oxford hasn't given any information yet. I'm looking at their BMAT page almost daily but nothing. They usually start providing the next application cycle's info in January, so we'll have to wait. As for Cambridge, I'm not that up-to-date, but (I'm quite sure) I heard they would use UCAT for a while. UCL and Imperial switch to UCAT for sure.
hi I'm in year 12 now and I'm currently doing a mooc about space medicine as it seemed quite interesting. I would be very grateful if anyone could give me any recommendations of what to read/listen to and any tips/things they wish they did for applying to Oxbridge or generally Medicine.

Thank you!
Cambridge has officially confirmed it will be moving to UCAT
Reply 26
no changes to the personal statement as well right? For 2025 entry to medicine
Original post by ola_2007
no changes to the personal statement as well right? For 2025 entry to medicine

Nope we are still doing personal statement
May be of interest. Southampton online work experience,criteria apply. Closing date shortly.

https://www.southampton.ac.uk/schools-colleges/widening-access-to-medicine-residential.page

NB - if you are eligible to apply for this, please look at and apply for the UCAT bursary too. It can save you money, but med schools sometimes look at it as part of their widening participation criteria when assessing so very worthwhile doing.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 29
I have 4 As and 2Bs (French and chemistry) should I apply to schools that don't look at IGCSE or the ones where I pass the minimum requirement? I am an International student applying for the 2025 entry.
I am doing my AS level so I will apply with A-level predicted grades.(I want to know if they are safe to choose or not) I have picked four med schools:
University of Leicester
University of Leeds
The University of Edinburgh
Queens University Belfast

I have done virtual internships to boost my CV and took part in leadership roles in school(I chose these unis for their PBL and CBL courses plus anatomy method (I prefer dissection))(for personal interest I looked at their student union as well)
Can anyone suggest any unis that might fit?
I have 4 As and 2Bs (French and chemistry) should I apply to schools that don't look at IGCSE or the ones where I pass the minimum requirement? I am an International student applying for the 2025 entry.
I am doing my AS level so I will apply with A-level predicted grades.(I want to know if they are safe to choose or not) I have picked four med schools:
University of Leicester
University of Leeds

I have done virtual internships to boost my CV and took part in leadership roles in school(I chose these unis for their PBL and CBL courses plus anatomy method (I prefer dissection))(for personal interest I looked at their student union as well)

QUB Selects for interview based on UCAT Score and Top 9 GCSEs I think. I would maybe recommend BSMS for full body dissection, but I can't remember where else offers this.
University of Leicester
University of Leeds

All of those look at Gcses I would look at different schools ngl
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 32
All of those look at Gcses I would look at different schools ngl

ooo i looked into plymouth, it's not bad but kinda don't feel good about anatomy as it relies on 3-D model
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 33
what about Aberdeen, St Andrews and Manchester?
what about Aberdeen, St Andrews and Manchester?

Score GCSEs I think you may wanna double check or have high ucat something like that
Reply 35
Score GCSEs I think you may wanna double check or have high ucat something like that

it says 6 or 7 higher for GCSE and UCAT scores are between 2500-2700. Some uni just need students to pass the minimum requirement but again many with competitive applications will be applying as well. I will be applying to RSCI in Ireland as well, my family know friends over there so yeah but the UK got my eyes.

I found this Excel sheet with all uni (medicine) data grouped up, i even checked the uni website as well
Reply 36
University of Leicester
University of Leeds

Hi
My advice is not to look at anything now , just have a rough idea about which style you like and maybe some Univs you like. But no decision until you do your UCAT.

First list all medical schools then eliminate all the ones that you don't meet GCSE/ Alevel requirement then wait for the UCAT and you can come back and ask in the forum as people will help you.

I agree with the lilysilly_5454 these 4 Univ want near full gcse for selection. but you have a lot more good ones .
it says 6 or 7 higher for GCSE and UCAT scores are between 2500-2700. Some uni just need students to pass the minimum requirement but again many with competitive applications will be applying as well. I will be applying to RSCI in Ireland as well, my family know friends over there so yeah but the UK got my eyes.

I found this Excel sheet with all uni (medicine) data grouped up, i even checked the uni website as well

Well a lot of med schools state this but as I said you need to cross check if you go on a website like medic mind it will straight away tell u these score GCSEs I have low GCSEs so that’s why I stated this I’m just giving u a heads up so u don’t waste an option

Tbf for Manchester It asks for 7 grade 7s and above so if you have that it’s fine if not then no
Reply 39
what are the low GCSE unis though? when i search, i get Imperial,Glasgow most of the time
^I am kinda of leaning on BSMS now
(lilysilly_5454, thank you much for your replies and i will be taking your advice<3)
(Ibmoahsa, thank you for your advice!! i tried few ucat mocks, and the scores are pretty decent but yes i will re-finalise my decision once i get my Ucat and A levels)
I am a bit too organized about everything so i like to have a goal to motivate me, so yeah i get pretty deep into it, plus need to write ps according to the unis as well:smile:
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending