The Student Room Group

Year Nine Options And Revision Thread

I know for many schools this is quite late but year nine students can get advice about options and revision resources for tests here.

You can share study tips, options advice, exam results or just chat here!

My revision material for my history test this week:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/9TFdbVV

Feel free to use this as a base to revise off if you're doing something similar in history! I haven't included answers to the flashcards as you can just Google them and check off that.
Hi I'm in year 9 and currently picking my options which the deadline is this friday. I'm currently stuck between picking history or business studies as an option. Any advise?
My other subjects are:
English Literature + Language
Higher Mathmatics
Triple Science
MFL French
Geograpghy
Computer Science
And either history of business
Reserve: ICT and history or business
Thanks for your time and help.🙂
Reply 2
History and geography is a heavy workload but interesting. Business studies is easy but boring to the majority, that's what I've heard anyway. It's up to you, but history and geography I would say. Could you also do history and business?

If I can change my options, would you say geography or sociology?
Original post by lexistar
History and geography is a heavy workload but interesting. Business studies is easy but boring to the majority, that's what I've heard anyway. It's up to you, but history and geography I would say. Could you also do history and business?

If I can change my options, would you say geography or sociology?

Thanks for the reply. There don't offer Sociology as a option at my school and I'm also dead set on geograpghy. And I can only pick 3 subjects. I probably won't regret either option I pick but history at the moment seems to be the best.
Reply 4
History is the best! Especially when you have a good, chill teacher.

Just go with your gut instinct then. I think I might change to sociology because I'm more of an english person than science person

Quick Reply

Latest