The Student Room Group

PREDICTIONS of lit poems 2023 AQA

Hey fellow students, do you have and predictions of what the poems might be this year for the power and conflict anthology?
Thanks in advance
Reply 1
I have a gut feeling it is going to be either The emigre or Checking Out Me History as there hasn't been a question on identity so far.
Reply 2
Interesting I haven't thought about that one, mainly because our teachers are advising kamikaze as it is comparable with nearly every poem. Thank a lot though :smile:

Original post by t.p
I have a gut feeling it is going to be either The emigre or Checking Out Me History as there hasn't been a question on identity so far.
there seems to have been a trend of war poems the last few years so im guessing maybe something on power of nature- possibly SOTI or prelude? poppies also seems to be an option. Honestly no one really knows so my advice is just memorise 6 good poems comparable to a lot of others- I chose ozymandias, prelude, storm on the island, remains, kamikaze and exposure because they compare well :smile: i just hope its not tissue or checking out me history tbh
Please please don’t predict. Please. Look for the overlapping themes and revise poems for them. At the end of the day the poem will be listed.

Last year we were adamantly told ‘they will not reuse a poem’

‘It will be kamikaze or exposure’

It was bayonet charge.

I got a nine.

This resource saved me.

https://thebicesterschool.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Poetry-Support-Booklet.pdf
Reply 5
is it okay to argue 1 point in any essay? So for example in Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde,a question could ask how duality is presented in the novella. Can I say that Stevenson presents duality as an outcome of societal pressures/restraints and argue that my whole essay? Would I still be able to get a 9?
Original post by Crystalcreps
Please please don’t predict. Please. Look for the overlapping themes and revise poems for them. At the end of the day the poem will be listed.

It was bayonet charge.

I got a nine.

This resource saved me.

https://thebicesterschool.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Poetry-Support-Booklet.pdf
Reply 6
I had got given this resource by my English teacher do you know what is the best to utilise it in your revision? I'm kind of clueless about it at the moment I get 8s in language and then 6s in literature because of the poems. Thanks for the tip :smile:

It was bayonet charge.

I got a nine.

This resource saved me.

Original post by t.p
is it okay to argue 1 point in any essay? So for example in Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde,a question could ask how duality is presented in the novella. Can I say that Stevenson presents duality as an outcome of societal pressures/restraints and argue that my whole essay? Would I still be able to get a 9?

No- three points. I can do acc and macbeth not dr j and h as I was 2022

It was bayonet charge.

I got a nine.

This resource saved me.

That resource seems really good, thanks for sharing!! :smile:
my teacher thinks that its going to be storm on the island or kamikaze... shes been an aqa examiner 15 years so trusting her...
I have heard that storm on the island has never came up so it is quite possible, but emigree is quite likely too. Either way, good luck to all!
Storm on the island has apparently never came up so it is quite possible but what if it is a trick to make us think that so the best idea is to revise all poems and in case you haven't revised in time then treat the poem in the exam like an unseen poetry. Best tips that jy teacher has given me and good luck to all!!
I have a belief that either London or Checking out me History is going to come up. This is as there has never been a question of which links to the idea of identity or the affects that a country's identity has upon a person. hearing this from a examiner, I believe this. Surely they will not metaphorically throw us under the bus and give us Tissue but anything can happen of course.
Original post by alissara
Hey fellow students, do you have and predictions of what the poems might be this year for the power and conflict anthology?
Thanks in advance

I'm not too sure, but my teacher says that they don't usually use the longer poems (like the prelude, checkin' out me history and tissue- she also said tissue was a bit too complex to be used) so Storm on the Island and The Emigree could deffo be on there. I'm not sure about kamikaze, but it's a really good poem that could be compared to any poem so it's a good one to revise
Original post by Fiddlesticks1
I'm not too sure, but my teacher says that they don't usually use the longer poems (like the prelude, checkin' out me history and tissue- she also said tissue was a bit too complex to be used) so Storm on the Island and The Emigree could deffo be on there. I'm not sure about kamikaze, but it's a really good poem that could be compared to any poem so it's a good one to revise

It wouldn't be part of the anthology, if they didn't eventually use them poems...

It was bayonet charge.

I got a nine.

This resource saved me.

tysm for this resource :smile:. Yh loads of ppl have been saying the poem this year is going to be on power of nature/nature cause lots of the poems so far have been on war
Original post by alissara
Thanks in advance

hello any top 5 poems to revise, im a 4s student but sometimes i can get to a five in both english, the thing is my timing kills me and i get anxious and blank any tips or must do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending