The Student Room Group

aqa chemistry higher

i dont understand chemistry at all and idk how to remember/learn it because i cant do practice questions as idk the content and videos/notes dont really help me does anyone have any tips?
I'm in my gap year atm after basically failing all my exams and chemistry has never been a good point for me including at GCSE. I was the same position as you were like a few months ago and whenever I tried to do practice questions I literally couldn't because I lacked such basic knowledge of chemistry but the way I have improved since is putting my head down for a few hours a day and starting from the very beginning. I got a pdf of my a level textbook and started from page one and went through and highlighted things to basically make sure I was understanding what I was reading, and making a summary sheet of each page by scribbling bullet points on a piece of paper and then every single practice question that was in the textbook I did. Because the practice questions in the textbook are very easy so if u cant do them at the end of the topic that means u don't understand what u learnt so u go back and do it again and again and do that for every single topic. its really easy to just admit defeat and say u cant do it but u need to just put some effort in and I promise u will see the rewards. i had never even touched my textbook or completed a single whole past paper until i started this thing of starting from the very beginning of it. If u want me to email you the different pdfs of chemistry textbooks i have, i can do that for you.
Original post by annabel whittle
i dont understand chemistry at all and idk how to remember/learn it because i cant do practice questions as idk the content and videos/notes dont really help me does anyone have any tips?
Original post by discordhmmm
I'm in my gap year atm after basically failing all my exams and chemistry has never been a good point for me including at GCSE. I was the same position as you were like a few months ago and whenever I tried to do practice questions I literally couldn't because I lacked such basic knowledge of chemistry but the way I have improved since is putting my head down for a few hours a day and starting from the very beginning. I got a pdf of my a level textbook and started from page one and went through and highlighted things to basically make sure I was understanding what I was reading, and making a summary sheet of each page by scribbling bullet points on a piece of paper and then every single practice question that was in the textbook I did. Because the practice questions in the textbook are very easy so if u cant do them at the end of the topic that means u don't understand what u learnt so u go back and do it again and again and do that for every single topic. its really easy to just admit defeat and say u cant do it but u need to just put some effort in and I promise u will see the rewards. i had never even touched my textbook or completed a single whole past paper until i started this thing of starting from the very beginning of it. If u want me to email you the different pdfs of chemistry textbooks i have, i can do that for you.

thank you so much :smile: my email is [email protected] you are a life saver!!
Hi I've emailed over the stuff, can u just let me know if u got it or not, and like check ur junk if u cant find it lol x
Original post by annabel whittle
thank you so much :smile: my email is [email protected] you are a life saver!!

Quick Reply

Latest