The Student Room Group

Do I take 3 Coursework A Levels

Do I take 3 coursework A-Levels?
It would be art, design technology and digital technology. I am not sure what I would take instead as I took those subjects for GCSEs and most teachers I know say that a student they are teaching have taken the same subjects and are struggling to keep up.
My parents strongly advise me to take digital technology and I have a huge passion for art, digital technology also follows that too.

I don't know the level of pressure A-Levels have so I don't knowww
Reply 1
Original post by louwhee
Do I take 3 coursework A-Levels?
It would be art, design technology and digital technology. I am not sure what I would take instead as I took those subjects for GCSEs and most teachers I know say that a student they are teaching have taken the same subjects and are struggling to keep up.
My parents strongly advise me to take digital technology and I have a huge passion for art, digital technology also follows that too.

I don't know the level of pressure A-Levels have so I don't knowww

I personally found my coursework a level (graphics) to be easier as I hate exams.

The only thing is that it can be really hard to do well in coursework subjects because ALL your work goes towards your grade not just you final month or 2 of exams. So if you fall behind and do really well in the exam (example A) but your coursework is a C/D you can't get higher than a B and are more likely to get a C. Also coursework subjects have their exams (not really exams but unaided coursework) earlier so you will finish before your friends who do exam a levels but you will be doing full day exams. You could have 45 hours of exams depending on your exam board.

Sounds scary but if you can manage it it should be alright although I've never known someone to take more than 2 coursework subjects. Also if you don't know what you want to do after college I'd recommend having more variety in your choices to keep your options open. If you know what you want to do then you can ignore this last line.
Good luck with your GCSEs and future A Levels :sheep:
Reply 2
Original post by Andi.0k
I personally found my coursework a level (graphics) to be easier as I hate exams.

The only thing is that it can be really hard to do well in coursework subjects because ALL your work goes towards your grade not just you final month or 2 of exams. So if you fall behind and do really well in the exam (example A) but your coursework is a C/D you can't get higher than a B and are more likely to get a C. Also coursework subjects have their exams (not really exams but unaided coursework) earlier so you will finish before your friends who do exam a levels but you will be doing full day exams. You could have 45 hours of exams depending on your exam board.

Sounds scary but if you can manage it it should be alright although I've never known someone to take more than 2 coursework subjects. Also if you don't know what you want to do after college I'd recommend having more variety in your choices to keep your options open. If you know what you want to do then you can ignore this last line.
Good luck with your GCSEs and future A Levels :sheep:

Yeah.. I do feel like I won't be able to balance up with all three perfectly.
I think I'll make my choices a bit more open and just have 2 coursework subjects:smile:
Thank you for the good luck and advice :]

Quick Reply

Latest