The Student Room Group

Degree Apprenticeship

Hello, I am currently doing my A-level and was interested in doing a Degree apprenticeship in the IT sector but when I looked at most of the requirements for them they all needed STEM subjects which I don't have. I only have a Ctech-IT subject that I am doing right now.
So is there any way for me to get a degree apprenticeship in the IT sector without having any STEM subjects?
I am also doing an online course for Python, etc to build my CV.

Thank you
Original post by sssssssss0000
Hello, I am currently doing my A-level and was interested in doing a Degree apprenticeship in the IT sector but when I looked at most of the requirements for them they all needed STEM subjects which I don't have. I only have a Ctech-IT subject that I am doing right now.
So is there any way for me to get a degree apprenticeship in the IT sector without having any STEM subjects?
I am also doing an online course for Python, etc to build my CV.

Thank you

You said you are currently doing A-levels? which subject's are you doing right now?
Reply 2
Original post by Midnightdrive
You said you are currently doing A-levels? which subject's are you doing right now?

textile, photography and ICT(CtechIT),EPQ

I would apply to as many DTS programs you can, if its a subject matter you are interested in and you have the tenacity for it and can show for it with hobbies/online python etc, what's the worst they are gonna do, say no?
Reply 4
I would apply to as many DTS programs you can, if its a subject matter you are interested in and you have the tenacity for it and can show for it with hobbies/online python etc, what's the worst they are gonna do, say no?

Sorry, but what do you mean by 'DTS programs'
Digital and Technology Solutions, it covers a wide topic area.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 6
Digital and Technology Solutions, it covers a wide topic area.

Thank you so much for your time and suggestions it helped me a lot.

Digital and technology solution Level 6 degree it's good for software engineering/ development, cyber security and data analyst theyre are more routes but I'm applying for software route for most and cyber route for Amazon
Reply 8
Original post by reformed-varnish
Digital and technology solution Level 6 degree it's good for software engineering/ development, cyber security and data analyst theyre are more routes but I'm applying for software route for most and cyber route for Amazon

What subjects are you doing for A levels or equivalent?

I'm studying Computer Science , Business Studies and AQA Applied Science.

Just done my immersive assessment at Atkins for Bristol Digital and technology solutions and I have been admitted to business review where I have received a congratulations email explaining how they are interested in my application and will be getting into touch with me for a virtual interview.

I can't say what the question were but they consist of 15/20 scenarios questions and three video recorded personal questions. I hope this help anyone in need and insha'Allah we can all make it in to Atkins2024

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending