The Student Room Group

Pearson edexcel arabic

Is anybody doing the arabic a level exam this year ? im taking it at college as an external exam and i dont know what the research topics are about for paper one. if anyone knows how it works let me know thank you.
Yeah so basically for paper 1 you need to do research about an arab country of your choice and you should focus on ethnic minorities, tourism, culture and traditions, and festivals. In paper 1 you pick which topic you want to write your essay on from the 4 I listed and then you read the extract they give you on it and then you use that and your own knowledge from the research to write the essay. Not sure if that makes sense exactly but you could have a look on the a level spec to see the exact criteria.
Reply 2
Original post by marie277
Yeah so basically for paper 1 you need to do research about an arab country of your choice and you should focus on ethnic minorities, tourism, culture and traditions, and festivals. In paper 1 you pick which topic you want to write your essay on from the 4 I listed and then you read the extract they give you on it and then you use that and your own knowledge from the research to write the essay. Not sure if that makes sense exactly but you could have a look on the a level spec to see the exact criteria.

Hey, thank you that does make sense but, when i tried to look for information on the spec it was all so confusing and since im only doing this as an extra a level college hadnt bee specific on what i have to actually do and since some of the information is locked on the website i cant access the teaching things that has that information but thank you for that it does make more sense now

Quick Reply

Latest