The Student Room Group

Arabic gcse

I am interested in taking Arabic as a GCSE. My school does not offer it, but you can do it privately. They will bring a person into the school to be my speaking examiner. Arabic isn't my native language but I can read the Qur'an. What textbook am I meant to use for GCSE Arabic (is there an official one by Pearson because I want to do the Edexcel course)? Also, can someone give me some tips on how to do GCSE Arabic on my own without a teacher, preferably something that doesn't cost money (so not a tutor)? How long does the GCSE Edexcel Arabic course take?
Original post by anam_180
I am interested in taking Arabic as a GCSE. My school does not offer it, but you can do it privately. They will bring a person into the school to be my speaking examiner. Arabic isn't my native language but I can read the Qur'an. What textbook am I meant to use for GCSE Arabic (is there an official one by Pearson because I want to do the Edexcel course)? Also, can someone give me some tips on how to do GCSE Arabic on my own without a teacher, preferably something that doesn't cost money (so not a tutor)? How long does the GCSE Edexcel Arabic course take?

Didn’t do Arabic GCSE but did do Polish and pursued it at A-Level. How it panned out for me was my school is in contact with a company that assists children in lessons with language needs (e.g English not being their first language) in which they offered, if you were interested, several GCSE options. However, this wasn’t necessarily a “class” thing. I would meet up with my “tutor” maybe once a fortnight and just discuss things with her. If your school doesn’t offer it, I doubt it will be “lesson-based” and more or less independent revision with a tutor for guidance. This might not be the same for you per say, however, this is the experience most of us who opted for an extra GCSE had. For reference, the company/organisation is called G.E.M.S. and the exam board was AQA. For me it didn’t cost any money as I was entered by my school, however, my school, apart from entering me, didn’t organise anything else. Im sure this isn’t the answer you’re looking for, however, most of us who opted for an extra language were primarily fluent in that language despite it being a second language paper. Hope this helps!!

Quick Reply

Latest