The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Changing my course at QMUL after firming

I firmed my offer for neuroscience 2023 entry in March and also applied to accommodation at Whitechapel campus however I’m starting to think that Pharmacology and Innovative Therapeutics is a better course for me because the career prospects what I can see myself doing in the future and I find the course a lot more interesting. So if the course has places available I would rather do it. Do I wait till results day and ask if I can transfer?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I’m new to student room)
Original post by NG0525
I firmed my offer for neuroscience 2023 entry in March and also applied to accommodation at Whitechapel campus however I’m starting to think that Pharmacology and Innovative Therapeutics is a better course for me because the career prospects what I can see myself doing in the future and I find the course a lot more interesting. So if the course has places available I would rather do it. Do I wait till results day and ask if I can transfer?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I’m new to student room)

If you're sure you want to switch, then contact them as soon as possible and request it. The longer you leave it, the less likely it is that they'll be able to accommodate you because the course you want to move to is more likely to be full.

It does no harm to ask. The worse that can happen is they say, "No, sorry, that course is full." You don't jeopardise your existing offer by making the request.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending