The Student Room Group

What/Where should i firm?

alright basically i have got offers from both manchester and QMUL, but i am unsure of which one i would eventually go on to firm. i know it is still a bit too early for this kinda discussion but everything i have read about QMUL has kind of changed my mind on it and i am not feeling as sure about it as i once was. if you were me which would you choose? keep in mind i do not care for social life, diversity or anything similar/related to both, i only care for my postgrad opportunities/attending a university of higher prestige. thanks.

also this is for law
(edited 3 months ago)
Hiya @abcefegh! Well done for getting those offers for law! I would say go for the course that interests you the most! Alo, consider which city you would like to live in: London or Manchester? They are both great cities (I live in London!)! Furthermore, think about the type of offer they gave if they are not the same grades - which grades are you most likely to get? But remember if you firm one, you can always insure the other :smile:
Hope this helps,
Emmanuella :smile:
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Uni subject?
Reply 4
From these two and for Law - MANCHESTER - no question.

But, wait until you have all 5 UCAS decisions - there is no rush and your ideas about where you want to go and why, will likely change over the next few months. There is no point in making your decisions before Easter.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
From these two and for Law - MANCHESTER - no question.

But, wait until you have all 5 UCAS decisions - there is no rush and your ideas about where you want to go and why, will likely change over the next few months. There is no point in making your decisions before Easter.

for sure, but can i ask what makes you so confident about manchester instead of QMUL? i was under the impression that QMUL was a good RG uni too for law
Reply 6
Original post by emm4nuella
Hiya @abcefegh! Well done for getting those offers for law! I would say go for the course that interests you the most! Alo, consider which city you would like to live in: London or Manchester? They are both great cities (I live in London!)! Furthermore, think about the type of offer they gave if they are not the same grades - which grades are you most likely to get? But remember if you firm one, you can always insure the other :smile:
Hope this helps,
Emmanuella :smile:

thank you! they are all the same though, i really haven't got a clue about how i'd go about choosing lol
Reply 7
QMUL is in Bethnal Green - the East End, so not a great place to live or walk around after dark. Anywhere in London is going to be more expensive that Manchester. QMUL is going through major industrial disputes / strikes and teaching is hit-and-miss with many academics thinking of leaving.

Manchester has a solid reputation for Law. Far better than QMULs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending