The Student Room Group

Which would you be more inclined to use and why?

For a university assignment I am doing some research on why Gen-Z students don't use eBay as much as Vinted or Depop. If possible, could anyone that fits this demographic tell me:1) Which platform you would prefer to buy and sell on2) Why 3) What would make you want to use eBay more often to buy and sell clothes on (e.g. more simple site navigation, better buying/selling tools, more clothing options etc.)Thank you!
Original post by aaivilo
For a university assignment I am doing some research on why Gen-Z students don't use eBay as much as Vinted or Depop. If possible, could anyone that fits this demographic tell me:1) Which platform you would prefer to buy and sell on2) Why 3) What would make you want to use eBay more often to buy and sell clothes on (e.g. more simple site navigation, better buying/selling tools, more clothing options etc.)Thank you!

I think it’s reputation as much as anything. EBay has been around for nearly 30 years and is something we often would have seen our parents use a lot, so associate it with people like them i.e. older than us, whereas Vinted and Depop have very much an image of someone young and cool.
Personally I find that I’m more likely to see something I like and would wear on Vinted/Depop than eBay, but I think a lot of it is down to marketing - the Vinted ads in particular built its image very well.
I have noticed recently that eBay ads have started to look a lot more like the ones for Vinted, so I imagine they’re trying that to entice a younger user base.
Overall, I think it’s down to a bit of a self fulfilling prophesy and circle of reputation leading to more revel at sorts of things sold which then adds to the reputation.
Hope this makes sense and is useful? :h:
Reply 2
Amazing thank you so much for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest