The Student Room Group

How important are looks to you?

Just curious but what would you personally rate within the "average" range lookwise and would you be romantically interested in someone you think is "average".
I personally think looks only matter to a certain extent and I am willing to be with people I know are viewed as "less attractive" than myself. I don't like dating people who I know are more attractive and I just think it's not worth it. What do you think?
For me, I would say find a person who is average looking with a great personality and you get along well with. If you go for someone solely on looks, then you risk the possibility of being cheated on as maybe they might think they have better options available.
Looks are what draw me in, personality keeps me there.

As for pursuing someone who is considered ''average'' looks wise, that all depends on the pursuer. What is deemed average to me could be viewed as attractive to others. They say beauty is subjective and I'm somewhat inclined to agree.
Looks are what makes a person attractive in would love to be better looking because I think I would get laid more have more relationships etc
Reply 4
Very attractive people have a lot of choices as everyone would like to go out with them. Below this level everyone else has to work hard to generate interest. With tenacity and patience there is someone for everyone
Original post by Anonymous
Just curious but what would you personally rate within the "average" range lookwise and would you be romantically interested in someone you think is "average".
I personally think looks only matter to a certain extent and I am willing to be with people I know are viewed as "less attractive" than myself. I don't like dating people who I know are more attractive and I just think it's not worth it. What do you think?

Looks are very important to me
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

1. But what's 'average'? It's all a matter of personal opinion. My boyfriend thinks I'm gorgeous, others wouldn't agree. That said, I'd want someone with a clean appearance and who has good hygiene as it's an indication they can't take care of others if they can't take care of themselves.

2. You are confusing looks and attraction, which is the whole package. Someone can't be 'more attractive' than you because they're attractive if you're attracted to them, which is why saying you'll date 'less attractive' people comes over as shallow and dismissive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending