The Student Room Group

really struggling to motivate myself to revise

hi - i need help!! i really cannot get into revision, i have a revision timetable and resources to revise but the motivation just isn’t there. i’ve been slacking and as a result have been anxious to the point that i’ve had severe panic attacks which has lead to fainting. im so unbothered about my gcses and its scary because i had so much motivation before! help??
Same man... i really wanna do good at my GCSEs!!! I haven't started yet too i mean i did some revision over Year 11 but not solid.
But then i feel like we only have 1 month left!!! and i wont be able to do good as much i always wanted to do cuz i kept procrastinating...Today i finally started with my REAL revision made my timetable and i believe that i can improve my grades. What do u think?
What are you doing maths foundation or higher?
Reply 2
Original post by lolidk28283
hi - i need help!! i really cannot get into revision, i have a revision timetable and resources to revise but the motivation just isn’t there. i’ve been slacking and as a result have been anxious to the point that i’ve had severe panic attacks which has lead to fainting. im so unbothered about my gcses and its scary because i had so much motivation before! help??

research what you wanna do after a levels and the courses u wish to apply to and look at their requirments. most courses have a min requirment and if that doesnt make u want to work hard for it...

Let me tell you something. What is the point of life if you dont work hard towards your goals? You make me assume you have a fixed mindset, with no confidence. If you dream to be successful, stop dreaming and make it a reality, who are you waiting for?
You dont do well in your gcse, its YOUR fault. No one is going to tell you they've revised, they study, it'll all be "eh i dont care about my gcse", but do you really know if they didnt studied?
The day you realize youre the only one who'll be there for you, thats the day u wont need motivation, you wont come up here asking others to validate you and i mean this in the nicest way.
If you dont do this **** now, you're gonna be another slacker when your future comes close by.
Read business books, explore the financial aspect of the world, how to make money not run after it. You wont need motivation, you'll be in your prime your OWN motivation.
(edited 1 year ago)
okay this is what im good at - i do large blocks of hours of revision at a time and its very difficult to keep your brain focused and motivated. Here are my tips imo:
1. Watch GCSE results opening days or college applications (happy ones) - this ones a bit strange but it works for me as it motivates me lol
2. Download Flora to get you off your phone, add your friends and it can get competitive with leaderboards etc and you can do joint floras
3. Change your atmosphere, change the room your studying in or go to a library
4. Watch shows like rory gilmore or social network and quite literally romanticise it, make studying cool to yourself idk that's what i do
5L. Watch tiktok motivational vids
6. If you really cant do anything if your ill etc, do chill revision to start off, maybe start filing or re read a english book that your using for english lit
7. if your panicking take abrak or start revising another subject
8.never revise te same subject fir more than 1/2 hours, your brain will stop focusing
9, Talk to yourself when your revising, it will make it more interesting and tell your brain that you need to do it
10. Initiate aa reward, say once you've finished three hours you can go out with your friends etc
11. Once your in a productive mood, take advantage of it and use it to the best of your ability to get things done
12: Do a mix of notes and question
13: Start with something you enjoy and then go into the harder stuff to warm up your brain idk
sorry there's so much, i literally could go on forever as i am an athlete so i do large blocks of up to 6 hours at a time due to having no time, these are my best tips sorry for the typos i have nails on so harder to type at the moment lol
Reply 5

i felt the sameeee way and one thing that helped me was studying with someone or maybe having a tutor, another thing is to write a list of your whys and what i mean by that is to write why you want to pass and what will happen when you do, good luck
Your future lol, I feel the same way then I do those grinds for 5 hours the day before and do decently soooooo your choice do you want to stack shelves or stack luggage
Reply 7
Original post by Dandanqiwiwi
Your future lol, I feel the same way then I do those grinds for 5 hours the day before and do decently soooooo your choice do you want to stack shelves or stack luggage

lmfao what
Reply 8

lol i forgot about this but basically i have done really well for the first week of exams and had nothing to worry about
Reply 9

Heya!
I'm really sorry to hear about your struggles with motivation and anxiety. It's important to prioritise your well-being during this time! :h: Consider reaching out to a trusted adult, such as a parent, teacher, or counsellor, who can support and help you develop a proper plan to address these challenges.

You can start by breaking your revision tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks. This can make the workload feel less overwhelming and help you stay focused. Also, identify the subjects or topics that need more attention and prioritize them in your revision timetable. Create a structured plan that includes specific goals for each session.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study MInd

Quick Reply

Latest