The Student Room Group

can anyone get A's

I really struggle with motivation bc I think that im just going to fail anyway and that to get A's you need to be born smart then (obviously still revise). I just want to know if anyone doing levels can get A's if they put in the work
I mean I'm still on GCSEs but in year 10 I was failing English Lit and getting lower than 50% in any essay or test we did on past papers and I worked insanely hard at it and jumped to above 80% in a term and I'm really proud to say I got 98% in my mock. With my motivation, I just kept comparing myself to my mates who were getting good grades and my motivation was that I wanted to be the mate who was always getting the better mark (toxic I know...but it works and my friends and I think its funny). It also helps to compare yourself to the people you hate with bad grades because the 'I don't wanna be like then' mentality is quite empowering somehow.
Reply 2
Original post by antique-prescrip
I mean I'm still on GCSEs but in year 10 I was failing English Lit and getting lower than 50% in any essay or test we did on past papers and I worked insanely hard at it and jumped to above 80% in a term and I'm really proud to say I got 98% in my mock. With my motivation, I just kept comparing myself to my mates who were getting good grades and my motivation was that I wanted to be the mate who was always getting the better mark (toxic I know...but it works and my friends and I think its funny). It also helps to compare yourself to the people you hate with bad grades because the 'I don't wanna be like then' mentality is quite empowering somehow.

well done on 98% that's crazy good. toxic motivation always works best 😳. thank you. I hope your gcses go well and you get what you want in them

Quick Reply

Latest