The Student Room Group

how many hours of revision a week for GCSE'?

It is currently the 16th April, my exams start 15th May, and I am aiming for all 8s and 9s (although I would be very happy with 7s, especially in maths and physics). My Easter Holiday are now over, I did around 55 hours of revision in total, and had been revising consistently before as well.

So many hours to do after school/per week for the next 4 weeks leading up to exams, to achieve top grades?
Reply 1
I would say you should be doing at least 3-4 hours of homework/revision on school nights and then 7 hours a day at weekends at this stage.
Reply 2
Original post by Flk10
I would say you should be doing at least 3-4 hours of homework/revision on school nights and then 7 hours a day at weekends at this stage.

thanks, that's about what i have been doing!
Original post by Flk10

What would you suggest for a levels for A*s (in terms of time and the type of revision) - did 70 hours over Easter and have been regularly doing around 20 hours outside of lessons per week since January
Original post by evajess13
It is currently the 16th April, my exams start 15th May, and I am aiming for all 8s and 9s (although I would be very happy with 7s, especially in maths and physics). My Easter Holiday are now over, I did around 55 hours of revision in total, and had been revising consistently before as well.

So many hours to do after school/per week for the next 4 weeks leading up to exams, to achieve top grades?

Heya!
Perhaps around 3-4hrs on weekdays and more on weekends (e.g. 6hrs) should be enough, but it's also up to you how many hours you feel comfortable with :h: Please make sure not to overwork though and take lots of breaks in between!

Good luck!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 5
Original post by sciencegcsesss
What would you suggest for a levels for A*s (in terms of time and the type of revision) - did 70 hours over Easter and have been regularly doing around 20 hours outside of lessons per week since January

Time wise for A levels I would recommend 4 hours on school nights and 9 hours a day at weekends/during study leave. By this stage most of your revision should be papers/practice questions while continuing to go over any content you’re not confident with.
Reply 6
Original post by evajess13
thanks, that's about what i have been doing!

Well done! I’m sure you’ll get the grades you want if you keep it up. Try to do 4 hours on school nights rather than 3 if you can.
Original post by Flk10
Time wise for A levels I would recommend 4 hours on school nights and 9 hours a day at weekends/during study leave. By this stage most of your revision should be papers/practice questions while continuing to go over any content you’re not confident with.

Okay thank you I really appreciate it
I haven’t actually been revising properly. My grades are okay busy some of them are 3 and I want 6s. Especially for maths I am at a 3 and want a 6 which means that I have to move from foundation to higher. How long would it take for me to cover all the content for all subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest