The Student Room Group

Do I have enough time?

My GCSE’s are in 6 weeks. I haven’t done much revision at all thus far , I’m stressing out and I don’t know whether it’s too late? I’m aiming for 7,8,9’s.

I didn’t revise for my mocks in November and got these:

English lang - 9
English lit - 7
Maths Higher - 7
Computer science - 7
GCSE PE - 9
French tier H - 7
Combined science trilogy - 87
Geography - 6
RE - 6
Original post by Trg1680
My GCSE’s are in 6 weeks. I haven’t done much revision at all thus far , I’m stressing out and I don’t know whether it’s too late? I’m aiming for 7,8,9’s.
English lang - 9
English lit - 7
Maths Higher - 7
Computer science - 7
GCSE PE - 9
French tier H - 7
Geography - 6
RE - 6

so stop stressing firstly. you have time, but a limited amount of time. you can still do well, heck I can imagine you getting 8s and 9s not 7s. maybe even alls 9s. but its down to you.

try your hardest. you don't have the luxury of being calm ( in the sense of taking things easy). you need to work hard, hours and hours if you want to get the best grade you can. you need to start practising, doing past papers, and learning the content. you can't make flashcards ( maybe pre-made ones can work as the time is precious). what I'm saying is use your time wisely. you need to start memorising things, and the exam structure for your essay subjects. use what ever works for you, if you do know.

saying you didn't revise for your mocks, isn't an excuse, don't get complacent, thinking you'll get better grades, many people do revise ( they stress like you for the first 2 weeks then start working but it isn't planned, in a routine, they revise and do worse).
remember most peoples mocks are marked by teachers which could be more generous or more harsher. plus the questions and boundaries are of a different time. you are competing against the nation, so while your grades are a good indicator of where you are att, they aren't guaranteed for the aforementioned reasons. I'll give another example, many students were predicted x in comp sci gcse and once the exam came they started crying because on the papers were difficult. that's what I am trying to convey. be careful.

invest your time, like no other. make a routine, sleep well. and memorise everything in this time. you have time to improve so make it count.
Original post by Trg1680
English lang - 9
English lit - 7
Maths Higher - 7
Computer science - 7
GCSE PE - 9
French tier H - 7
Geography - 6
RE - 6

no revision and got 9s! im jealous :bawling:

Quick Reply