The Student Room Group

Learning content

How long does it take to learn GCSEs content both for Combined science higher tier and maths higher tier.
Reply 1
It would depend on several things, most importantly your motivation and time. For example, a common process to 'fast track' your GCSEs, in which you learn the entire course in one year to do the exam. Plenty of people do that (especially if homeschooled), and get good grades. You could do combined science and maths together in that year, too.

Depending on how advanced you were already, it's possible to put in about one hour a day of work a day and get down the entire course within a couple months for science, a few for maths in my opinion. However, this itself is highly dependent on motivation, and practice: rather than just speeding through it, you need to make sure you're conglomerating your learning by doing exam questions and past papers.

Nowadays, there are plenty of resources online which can help you do these things. The text books for both are also really good for learning it. I'll leave some links down below just in case you wanted any free resources :smile:

Hope this helps! As said, it really, really, depends on you and the time you've got. But with some hard effort, it can be done. It also obviously depends on the grades you want to receive - it would take much less time if you're trying to get a 6 than if you're trying to get an 8. Best of luck with whatever you do :biggrin:

For Combined Science:
- Free Science Lessons are amazing
For Both:
- Cognito have some really good videos for both subjects, on their youtube channel, but you can access them and questions in this link.
For Maths:
- Corbettmaths are really brilliant videos, they also have a really good bank of questions in their website that you can use to practice different topics, which you can find by searching.
- GCSE maths tutor is really useful, especially for guiding you through some harder questions (best for practicing, Corbett is best for teaching in my opinion).
- Mathsgenie has loads of good questions and papers.

You might have loads of these resources or your school's if you're at school, but I hope this helped!

Quick Reply

Latest