The Student Room Group

Revising for Resits? Is it too late?

Thinking of resitting my A level Maths exams alongside Further Maths Exams which I would be doing for the first time. I obviously remember the A level Maths content but I haven’t started learning the FM content yet. Can I start studying the FM content now and still do well? Is it similar enough to standard A level Maths or will I need more time to actually understand it before the exams in June? Any advice appreciated.
Reply 1
You’ll be fine for A level maths but it’s definitely a bit late for further maths. You might be able to learn the content for AS further maths rather than the whole A level, that’s still a useful qualification to have. Maybe enter for AS further maths and normal A level maths and see how you do? You should definitely start now though, don’t leave it any later. There are loads of past papers available online for maths which is good. I would say go through the content as fast as you can and try to get onto the past papers as soon as you’re finished with content.
Reply 2
Original post by Bo77 Tman
You’ll be fine for A level maths but it’s definitely a bit late for further maths. You might be able to learn the content for AS further maths rather than the whole A level, that’s still a useful qualification to have. Maybe enter for AS further maths and normal A level maths and see how you do? You should definitely start now though, don’t leave it any later. There are loads of past papers available online for maths which is good. I would say go through the content as fast as you can and try to get onto the past papers as soon as you’re finished with content.

For what I am aiming at I would need an A in Maths and only a pass in FM. If that change’s anything.
Original post by alt76765
For what I am aiming at I would need an A in Maths and only a pass in FM. If that change’s anything.
That’s definitely more possible then.

Quick Reply

Latest