The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Is it possible to visit the Castle as a student from a different college?

I would love to explore the castle, but I am worried about applying there as it is so oversubscribed and because most people don't even get to live in the castle anyway. So I was wondering if they let people from other colleges come and hang out inside the castle walls? Thankss
Original post by Horizoon
I would love to explore the castle, but I am worried about applying there as it is so oversubscribed and because most people don't even get to live in the castle anyway. So I was wondering if they let people from other colleges come and hang out inside the castle walls? Thankss

Hiya

Well the short answer is yes. If you have friends living in the castle walls, I'm sure they'd be happy to show you around their room inside the Castle walls. You can always go to the Castle bar and the outside area where the grass is. You don't have to be a Castle student for that. There's also a museum inside the Castle that's open for public viewing a few times during the year but I've never tried to go in that area apart from that time. Some areas like the library, gym and the JCR need a code to access and only Castle students know that. So as I said, as long as you have friends from Castle, it should be pretty easy to have a look around!

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest