The Student Room Group

Lucy Cavendish college 2024

Hi, I've been pooled to lucy cavendish for natural sciences - any idea what the accoms and facilities are like?
I'm also aware that there's significantly less funding for the college, does that affect the opportunities available for students? In particular for internships and research projects
Reply 1
was also wondering about those
anyone know about how accommodation fee works for lucy? the official website doesn't state the costs
Reply 3
The accommodation fee page appears to have been taken down, possibly indicating a revision in the fee structure based on different rent bands. The college may re-post it with updated information. An advantageous aspect of LC is that students are not required to vacate their rooms during holiday periods. This is a significant benefit as it eliminates the need for students to leave and then re-enter their rooms every three months.
Original post by Uni2023
The accommodation fee page appears to have been taken down, possibly indicating a revision in the fee structure based on different rent bands. The college may re-post it with updated information. An advantageous aspect of LC is that students are not required to vacate their rooms during holiday periods. This is a significant benefit as it eliminates the need for students to leave and then re-enter their rooms every three months.
do you know what the costs used to be then?
Reply 5
Please be aware that the information I'm sharing is based on my recollection, so consider it with a degree of caution.
There were 5 rental bands starting from 1 to 5.
Band 1 - £780
Band 2 - £860
Band 5 - £1180.

As an illustration, Castle Street accommodation falls under band 5, requiring students to pay £1180 per month. It is important to mention that rent negotiations between each college and the landlord may vary. For instance, St. John's students will be charged around £1250 for the accommodation, inclusive of cleaning services. On the other hand, Lucy Cavendish students will pay £1180 for the same accommodation but without cleaning services.
Original post by Uni2023
Please be aware that the information I'm sharing is based on my recollection, so consider it with a degree of caution.
There were 5 rental bands starting from 1 to 5.
Band 1 - £780
Band 2 - £860
Band 5 - £1180.
As an illustration, Castle Street accommodation falls under band 5, requiring students to pay £1180 per month. It is important to mention that rent negotiations between each college and the landlord may vary. For instance, St. John's students will be charged around £1250 for the accommodation, inclusive of cleaning services. On the other hand, Lucy Cavendish students will pay £1180 for the same accommodation but without cleaning services.

Do you have any idea which accommodations are more/less expensive? What are rents like in Oldham Hall, De Brye, Bertram etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending