The Student Room Group

IB internship in 2nd year without spring week?

Is it possible to get an IB internship in second year without an IB-related spring week in the first year? I say IB related because I participated in an insurance insight week the summer before, but other than that I have no other financial experience.

I intend to use this summer to improve my skills in Excel such as the FinancialEdge course (is it even worth it?...) and read more about financial news and markets. I don't think I'll get any internships or financial experience this summer so is it still possible to land a 2nd year internship based on this? I go to UCL btw
Original post by saulgoodman246
Is it possible to get an IB internship in second year without an IB-related spring week in the first year? I say IB related because I participated in an insurance insight week the summer before, but other than that I have no other financial experience.

I intend to use this summer to improve my skills in Excel such as the FinancialEdge course (is it even worth it?...) and read more about financial news and markets. I don't think I'll get any internships or financial experience this summer so is it still possible to land a 2nd year internship based on this? I go to UCL btw

it's not impossible, but what would you put on your CV in terms of major work experience? that's where spring weeks come in handy
Original post by oprahwindfuryy
it's not impossible, but what would you put on your CV in terms of major work experience? that's where spring weeks come in handy

Would the insight week at the insurance firm be considered major work experience? I can talk about the projects I participated in and the different skills I used during that week and all the things I learnt about insurance and then link that to investment bank. Other than that I worked in retail and as a barista :/
Would the insight week at the insurance firm be considered major work experience? I can talk about the projects I participated in and the different skills I used during that week and all the things I learnt about insurance and then link that to investment bank. Other than that I worked in retail and as a barista :/

it would, but maybe try to sign up for some virtual insight/trader academy programs
Original post by oprahwindfuryy
it would, but maybe try to sign up for some virtual insight/trader academy programs

Do you have any recommendations for programs? Please don’t suggest sameer merchants £4k IB training course 😂
Do you have any recommendations for programs? Please don’t suggest sameer merchants £4k IB training course 😂

hahaha no try goldman sachs and jp morgan's virtual insight series

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending