The Student Room Group

a level choices making me lose my mind

long story short i wanna do physics, maths, psychology but logic is telling me to do maths physics chemistry lol. havent done psychology before but i just sense that i would enjoy it, on the other hand chemistry is kinda interesting but my experience of it has made it soo boring, like killing my love for the subject. anyways, can anyone offer advice? x
Reply 1
personally i’m not interested in any of those subjects so maybe my opinion is completely irrelevant, but you should probably do what you enjoy. the good unis just want you to do 2 facilitating subjects, so they’ll be alright with you doing psychology. its a bit less sciency too i guess, so it’ll add some more variation.
Reply 2
Original post by losttheplot4
long story short i wanna do physics, maths, psychology but logic is telling me to do maths physics chemistry lol. havent done psychology before but i just sense that i would enjoy it, on the other hand chemistry is kinda interesting but my experience of it has made it soo boring, like killing my love for the subject. anyways, can anyone offer advice? x

I would say do what you enjoy know and maybe try 1 new subject- don't stress too much about your choices as you can change them in year 12 and most of my friends have changed their subjects or dropped one.
I am studying A level Chemistry and am really enjoying it, it can get complex and difficult at times- the required practical are quite cool but technical but it all depends on whether you enjoy it and if it is something you may want to pursue in the future.

I would advice choosing what you enjoy as it pays off when you want to work hard and do well in a subject!
do subjects you're interested in, it'll make the whole process of doing a levels a lot easier. i did maths and psychology at a level and really enjoyed both, particularly as the skills needed for both were different :smile:
Reply 4
I did maths, chemistry, and music, and am now in my 4th and final year of my chemistry degree. If you do two subjects relevant to what you want to study, you’ll be absolutely fine doing one for ‘fun’.

But also, chemistry A-level is pretty cool. I’d recommend it

Quick Reply

Latest