The Student Room Group

A-Level choice (please help)

Next week is the due date for my A-level choices. Right now im thinking to do; Maths, Physics and Art. I didn't choose these topics for a specific career but to provide me with a large choice in the future. However, i feel really lost. I am not sure where I want to go and have nothing to work on now for my actual career which makes me feel behind. All i have is, to finish my GCSEs with a good grade ,then what? I originally wanted to learn neuroscience but that faded away because I researched the job and realised it looks really hard and i don't want that life. I think im just lazy. I dont know my worth and what I can do so im stuggling alot. Lots of people in my school pick Physics for A-Levels so I decided to aswell. For some reason, I want to do lots of stuff like being an Engineer(but im not sure which one), but I then realise im not up for the job, as in not smart enough. Because of this im starting to lose focus in revision because i start to question alot. Please help.
IMO those subjects are perfect for architecture if you're into that
Reply 2
Original post by hanstudies
IMO those subjects are perfect for architecture if you're into that

Oh yeah, I was also looking at that side, but I saw videos of architecture being boring and it doesnt really involve creativity at some side, which is something I dont want to do for work.
Original post by xzyuo_137
Next week is the due date for my A-level choices. Right now im thinking to do; Maths, Physics and Art. I didn't choose these topics for a specific career but to provide me with a large choice in the future. However, i feel really lost. I am not sure where I want to go and have nothing to work on now for my actual career which makes me feel behind. All i have is, to finish my GCSEs with a good grade ,then what? I originally wanted to learn neuroscience but that faded away because I researched the job and realised it looks really hard and i don't want that life. I think im just lazy. I dont know my worth and what I can do so im stuggling alot. Lots of people in my school pick Physics for A-Levels so I decided to aswell. For some reason, I want to do lots of stuff like being an Engineer(but im not sure which one), but I then realise im not up for the job, as in not smart enough. Because of this im starting to lose focus in revision because i start to question alot. Please help.

If you're already demotivated at this stage just pick the subjects you like the most and are best at. Then at least you'll be as happy and motivated as you can and will figure out what career is suitable.

Quick Reply

Latest