The Student Room Group

Matching with Ex’s friend on Hinge

So I recently broke up with my girlfriend (of 4 months). I signed up ti Hinge and saw one of her best friends on there who I always liked so I “liked” one of her photos not expecting her to like back. Lo and behold she matched with me and we started talking about just random stuff but no mention of my ex. She then messaged me a few days later to say she knows me and her friend have broke up and she doesn’t want to hurt her more by talking to me so she’s going to unmatch. I accepted and said I was expecting it to happen. The issue is I keep seeing her on Hinge now with my new account and I’m so tempted to match with her again as stupid as it sounds. I appreciate she has alot more to lose than me but what is the best way to approach this?
She's already rejected you. She's not going to change her mind.
Reply 2
If she’s a good friend of your ex she’ll not go there. It would blow the friendship to bits. Best to look elsewhere
Original post by Kaipa
what is the best way to approach this?

Accept and respect the fact that she has rejected you and her reasons for doing so, and leave it alone.
Reply 4
The answers are what I expected so thankyou for confirming. So why did she match with me in the first place? It wasn’t a mistake, she knew exactly what she was doing..
Original post by Kaipa
The answers are what I expected so thankyou for confirming. So why did she match with me in the first place? It wasn’t a mistake, she knew exactly what she was doing..

People don't always make definitive choices in the moment, and even if they do they are allowed to change their mind. She may have wanted to match with you to see how you got on, or to see how she felt after talking to you. She likely does find you attractive too. But obviously once she started talking to you she felt that she couldn't take things further because of your history with her friend, at which point she broke it off. Nothing wrong or particularly unusual in that.
Reply 6
This is what I needed. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending