The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham colleges

Does it matter which Durham colleges you rank/choose based on the course you are taking?
Original post by Anonymous
Does it matter which Durham colleges you rank/choose based on the course you are taking?

Some people ranked their college depending on how close it is to their subject department. I had different criteria in mind. I ranked my college depending on number of en-suites, self catering and gowned formals. My department is 20 minute walk from my college but I’ve gotten so used to it now it feels like nothing
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hiya

When choosing colleges, as has been mentioned, your course can play a part as you may want a college closer to your department. But generally, no college is meant only for a particular course. When allocating colleges, each college has a certain number of spaces for each course- this is to ensure that there is a good mix of students from all subjects. So if those spaces are already filled in your first choice, then you may be allocated to your next preference.

-Himieka
(edited 12 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest