The Student Room Group

GCSE History Help

I need help with GCSE History. I always run out of time because I write too much. How do I fix this issue? I think I'm writing too much unnecessary info.(I'm quite a fast writer, so I don't think that's the problem)

Can Someone plz give me some model answers that received full marks?
Reply 1
for my history course (ocr-b) you need 4 AO1 facts per peel paragraph minimum, you're probably better checking with your teacher though. I dont usually follow this too closely and ill write enough to get my point across and put forward a strong arguement :smile:
Original post by joelvivian
I need help with GCSE History. I always run out of time because I write too much. How do I fix this issue? I think I'm writing too much unnecessary info.(I'm quite a fast writer, so I don't think that's the problem)

Try to go over mark schemes from past papers and have a look at what information they specify and emphasise, and whenever you get a question, try not to write everything you know about the topic - instead pick out bits of information they are looking for and give your answer based on that. I hope that helps and good luck with exams!
Reply 3
Original post by joelvivian

Heya!
I know how tough it is to stick to time! Here are a few strategies you can try to help you focus on the most important information and write more efficiently. Here are a few tips:

-Plan your answer: Before you start writing, take a few minutes to read the question carefully and plan out your answer. This will help you stay focused on the main points and avoid writing too much unnecessary information.

-Use bullet points: Instead of writing in full sentences, try using bullet points to organize your thoughts and key points. This can help you write more quickly and avoid getting bogged down in too much detail.

-Stick to the point: Be sure to answer the question directly and avoid going off on tangents. Focus on the most important information and don't include unnecessary details that don't contribute to your answer.

I hope this helps! Study Mind has free practice questions if it helps!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest